Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 12:25 PM

Default GW\'s constituency

link
Old 08-15-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: GW\'s constituency

I can see both sides to this. You wouldn't want a big bunch of protestors to camp on your lawn for a month, even if you did agree with them. Still, there's probably better ways to deal with it than to fire some warning shots.

And Crawford, TX, IIRC, actually had a majority go to John Kerry in 04.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Mattlage Elaborates

[excerpts]

"I got a right to fire up in the air," Mattlage said. "I am getting ready for dove season and you all are messing up my dove huntin', so if you all could please leave and go somewhere else, this whole community would be behind you."...

Reporter: Larry, why did you shoot the gun?

Mattlage: Well, I'm getting ready for dove season and you all are still gonna' be here, I'm practicin'.

Reporter: Was there another message involved in the gunshot?

Mattlage: You figure it out for yourself.

Reporter: Are there any laws ...

Mattlage: No, in Texas, you can shoot ... I ain't threating nobody. I ain't pointing a gun at nobody. This is Texas.

Reporter: What do you want them to do Larry?

Mattlage: Well these people don't know what to do (pointing at the sheriff and the Secret Service)

Reporter: What do you want them to do?

Mattlage: When they first came out here, I was sympathetic to their cause, right. They as American citizens have a right to march to protest. It is like this – it's like having company, if you have your brother-in-law at your house for five days, wouldn't it start stinking after a while. You are ready for him to go home, aren't you? Five weeks of this is too much. We live here. It's our community. Apparently we have no respect over here and we have no respect over here. Somebody has got to get together and clear it out. It's a damn shame. The news media has got to solve this dilemma. But we got a dilemma here. We got a battle of the porta-potties. You all got started out going to the bathroom in a five-gallon bucket. Then they moved one porta-potty in here. Now we got two porta-potties. And now we have three and if this keeps up, it will be all the way down the road. And they've got more porta-potties over there (pointing at the Bush ranch). The only one winning here is the one cleaning the porta-potties...

"I loved them for a week," Mattlage said of the protesters. "I mean, would you want somebody invading your house for a long time and blocking your view and blocking the road? I wake up every morning to this stuff. ... I just want 'em to pack their damn tents and go back to where they came from. Their plea is over with."

When McLennan County Sheriff Larry Lynch was asked about the shooting, he told reporters Mattlege was not breaking any law.

"He's on his own property," Lynch said. "He's getting ready for dove season."
[end excerpts]

Sounds to me like good ol' grass-roots America speaking. Hear, hear!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=45765
Old 08-15-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Mattlage Ejaculates

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like good ol' grass-roots America speaking. Hear, hear!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or someone worried about the size of his penis. So actually, yeah, looks like you hit the nail on the head. (If it wasn't staged off course)
Old 08-15-2005, 02:00 PM

I wish we could give Texas back to the Mexicans...
Old 08-15-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish we could just throw the bums out of here. I love Texas. It's half, or more, of the Texans that I can't stand.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]We really shouldn't have fought the Civil War. Then Bush, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott, Tom Delay and company could have their own dilapidated wasteland country without sucking off of the North's teat and simultaneously making the world hate us.

I feel like burning a confederate flag...
Old 08-15-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]We really shouldn't have fought the Civil War. Then Bush, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott, Tom Delay and company could have their own dilapidated wasteland country without sucking off of the North's teat and simultaneously making the world hate us.

I feel like burning a confederate flag...

[/ QUOTE ]

You have an open invitation to come to my home and burn all the confederate flags you want. Hell, I will buy the material for you. Only one condition, I get to invite whomever I want to watch. You wouldn't ever get the lighter out of your pocket.

You are typical of the northern elitists that think you are better than everybody else, particularly Southerners.

You can kiss my Southern Ass!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:26 AM

Default note: moderator advocating violence against Americans

This isn't the first time that you've advocated violence against American citizens. The ATF knows you.

2+2 is still crazy to permit a right wing, Tim McVeigh racist like you to moderate.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: note: moderator advocating violence against Americans

Sounds like someone's asking for it...