Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Weak river call or bluff catch?

Villain seemed like a LAG through about 75 hands. Played about half of them, raised about 15% (although most of the raised hands seemed fine.) He was also pretty aggressive post flop. I had never noticed a bluff from him, but I thought maybe he was this time since it looked like I was trying to blind steal. Edit: Other question would be, does anyone find a bet in here?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (3.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB
Old 07-01-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Weak river call or bluff catch?

Tiny pot, I'm folding.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain seemed like a LAG through about 75 hands. Played about half of them, raised about 15% (although most of the raised hands seemed fine.) He was also pretty aggressive post flop. I had never noticed a bluff from him, but I thought maybe he was this time since it looked like I was trying to blind steal.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (3.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-01-2005, 01:20 AM

I think if you're going to call a bet on the river, you should lead the river instead.

But what hand does villain 3-bet preflop that you beat? KQs?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:24 PM

I might bet the turn here and fold to a raise or check/fold the river if he calls. It is very suspicious though when a lag starts checking though...
Old 07-01-2005, 01:33 PM

I'll bet the turn in order to give the opponent an opportunity to fold. Given the board and the opponent's PF action, I'll put him on an Ace most of the time. Virtually any other holding will have bet the flop in position. Given that no A fell on the turn to pair his hand, I'll bet and let him figure out that either I have a pocket pair, or flopped good and whiffed a flop checkraise, or that his A-high with only 1 card left to come isn't worth the effort. A turn bet here will take the pot down at least 1:4.

I see no value in check-calling the river.