Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: A9s

1) If the LAG raises a lot of junk, then I will, but not much lower than this (A8s)
2) Yes I would raise
3) No, since the avg player seems pretty passive to me. I'd think I was dominated too much.

Do I get an A?
Old 07-15-2005, 08:53 PM

I've adopted a "raise or fold" mentality on those occasions when it's folded to me by MP2 or so. Weaker pocket pairs like 22-66 I'll chuck since it's unlikely I'll get the required action if I flop a set for them to pay, as well as weak suited aces. A8s or higher I'll raise, as well as any suited nine or higher. Does this make sense?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:04 PM

Raise or fold. On your average table, I'd fold with four people to act after me with postflop position.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to limp A6s, you may as well dump it. Openlimping in late position is bad news. All it does is give the CO and Button incentive to jack your limp in position, the SB to call getting insane odds, and the BB infinite odds to see a flop. These are bad things, so if this is going to happen then at least make it a mistake for them and not you.

I think I fold A6s there, but that is close. (ie: if you are in the hijack I probably would open-raise, and in the cutoff to open it's always a raise). I h8 h8 h8 playing Ace-rag, but at least being s00ted and being heads-up makes it easier to deal with.

As for the OP: Open-raise this all day here. Here's a question: would you three-bet this if a LAG open-raised in mid position with you being in position (say in the CO or button?) How much lower are you going? What if a positionally aware TAG does this? How about some donk? How about old nit Kumu? (fold, that [censored]'s got aces)

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

MP2 isn't late position to me. I'd feel fine limping A6s here at anything but the tightest of tables.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Average table, not too loose or tight.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero?

Easy raise right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Booya! I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] open raising

[/ QUOTE ]

me 2. but more importantly how can anyone who can make something as awesome as that be failing comp sci?