Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-12-2005, 03:52 PM

Default The official party poker statement

"PartyPoker.com does not permit affiliates to promote rakeback (or any other discount schemes) to players. There are rumours that we are offering / endorsing rake back to affiliates. These are false claims and we are taking action against anyone who claims to have "special deals" with us.

If you are in touch with 'high-volume' players seeking incentives, you may let them know that there are multiple special offers for players running on the site right now. Please request your players to log in to their PartyPoker.com accounts and see what offer(s) are available to them. (If they have not received anything yet, they may write to bonuses@partypoker.com).

We now have a team that services the needs of high volume players. Please let us know if you are in touch with any such players and I will be happy to introduce them to this team.

We would love to work with you to get new players and increased revenues on PartyPoker.com."
Old 10-12-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: The official party poker statement

Wow, impressive. Oh yea, Nothing on my account as I sign in. Hell, maybe they don't want my $10,000 a month in rake.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"PartyPoker.com does not permit affiliates to promote rakeback (or any other discount schemes) to players. There are rumours that we are offering / endorsing rake back to affiliates. These are false claims and we are taking action against anyone who claims to have "special deals" with us.

If you are in touch with 'high-volume' players seeking incentives, you may let them know that there are multiple special offers for players running on the site right now. Please request your players to log in to their PartyPoker.com accounts and see what offer(s) are available to them. (If they have not received anything yet, they may write to bonuses@partypoker.com).

We now have a team that services the needs of high volume players. Please let us know if you are in touch with any such players and I will be happy to introduce them to this team.

We would love to work with you to get new players and increased revenues on PartyPoker.com."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that was anti-climatic.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:02 PM

Aren't we still just left with the "rakeback (other discount schemes)" terminology issue?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:03 PM

I would say you were making it up, but that sounds exactly like the kind of statement that Party would make.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't we still just left with the rakeback terminology issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want rakeback anymore. I'm going to see if I can get an "Action Bonus"
Old 10-12-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say you were making it up, but that sounds exactly like the kind of statement that Party would make.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is real. This is the line you get from the affiliate support department if you email asking about rake back.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:13 PM

So basically their chance has not really changed at all. No suprise. The real question is whether they will still support individual trackers which will allow affilates to make rakeback payments.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:14 PM

Did anyone honestly expect something different than this?? Party is NOT going to publicly endorse any type of rakeback, period. It is up to each individual player to go with the affiliate they feel the most comfortable with.

Just like poker you have to figure out your EV. If you go with some guy with a website offering 29%, the reward is high but so is the risk because he is going to be #1 on Party's hit list.

I admit I am biased on this issue but I stand by what I have said all along. The more public your affiliate is, the bigger your risk in the long term. Especially if he has betrayed party in the past.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM

If affiliates still have individual trackers and offer rakeback and party is letting people open a second account with no hassle (just making you choose which one to keep), then this is how they solved the problem! Investers are happy cause rakeback is officially forbidden with a nice public statement but most probably party doesn't give a damn about rakeback and is happy to welcome everyone back with a second account.