Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-29-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: favourite movie rants

This thread = [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Why shouldn't I work for the NSA? That's a tough one. But I'll take a shot. Say I'm workin' at the NSA and somebody puts a code on my desk, somethin' no one else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it and I'm real happy with myself cause I did my job well, but maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East and once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels are hiding, fifteen hundred people I never met, never had no problem with get killed.

Now the politicains are sayin' "Oh send in the marines to secure the area, cause they don't give a [censored], won't be their kid over there gettin' shot just like it wasn't them when their number got called cause they were all pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some kid from Southy over there takin' shrapnel in the ass. He comes back to find that the plant he used to work at, got exploited to the country he just got back from, and the guy that put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job cause he'll work for 15 cents a day and no bathroom breaks.

Meanwhile, he realises the only reason he was over there in the first place was so that we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price, and ofcourse the oil companies use a little skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices, a cute little antilary benefit for them, but it ain't helpin' my buddy at 2.50 a gallon. Their takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back, of course maybe they even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martini's and [censored]' play slolum with the icebergs. It ain't to long til he hits one, spills the oil, and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic... so now my buddy's out of work, he can't afford to drive, so he's walkin' to the [censored]' job interviews which sucks cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him cronic hemroids and meanwhile, he's starvin' cause everytime he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special their serving is North Atlantic squad with Quaker State....

So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure [censored] it, while Im at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe, and join the National Guard. I could be elected President.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why shouldn't I work for the NSA? That's a tough one. But I'll take a shot. Say I'm workin' at the NSA and somebody puts a code on my desk, somethin' no one else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it and I'm real happy with myself cause I did my job well, but maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East and once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels are hiding, fifteen hundred people I never met, never had no problem with get killed.

Now the politicains are sayin' "Oh send in the marines to secure the area, cause they don't give a [censored], won't be their kid over there gettin' shot just like it wasn't them when their number got called cause they were all pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some kid from Southy over there takin' shrapnel in the ass. He comes back to find that the plant he used to work at, got exploited to the country he just got back from, and the guy that put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job cause he'll work for 15 cents a day and no bathroom breaks.

Meanwhile, he realises the only reason he was over there in the first place was so that we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price, and ofcourse the oil companies use a little skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices, a cute little antilary benefit for them, but it ain't helpin' my buddy at 2.50 a gallon. Their takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back, of course maybe they even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martini's and [censored]' play slolum with the icebergs. It ain't to long til he hits one, spills the oil, and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic... so now my buddy's out of work, he can't afford to drive, so he's walkin' to the [censored]' job interviews which sucks cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him cronic hemroids and meanwhile, he's starvin' cause everytime he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special their serving is North Atlantic squad with Quaker State....

So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure [censored] it, while Im at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe, and join the National Guard. I could be elected President.

[/ QUOTE ]

you win this thread.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was copying and pasting this thread as I noticed yours pop up. Damnit.

I had a buddy in college spend an entire semester memorizing this.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I hate being Scottish. We're the lowest of the [censored] low, the scum of the earth, the most wretched, servile, miserable, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, but I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. We can't even pick a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a shite state of affairs and all the fresh air in the world will not make any [censored] difference."

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

This was very funny. I remember when I saw that, I wanted to hear every Scotsman's opinion of that. I still do, actually, very much. Whether they've seen the movie or not.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about "Field of Dreams"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love baseball and I like the book, but the movie dissapointed me. I could see the argument made for FoD, so maybe 3 good movies Costner has failed to destroy.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really enjoying this thread but have to ask. Where do you guys find the verbatim dialogues?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMDB.com-->main page of desired movie--->scroll down left hand side-->memorable quotes--->world peace.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really enjoying this thread but have to ask. Where do you guys find the verbatim dialogues?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wondering too. They got 'em and fast.

Great reads in this thread by the way.

Sam Jackson's monologue at the end of Pulp Fiction is conspicuously missing, though, as is Dennis Hopper's wops came from [censored] speech in True Romance.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:38 PM

Ricky Slade: We need guns.

Bobby: We don't need guns.

Ricky Slade: I'm telling you man, i'm pretty sure we need guns.

Bobby: I listened to them and they specifically said we don't need guns.

Ricky Slade: That's all the more reason why you do need a gun.

Bobby: You couldn't even get a gun.
Ricky Slade: You wanna bet, you wanna bet me if i could get a gun?

Bobby: You couldn't get a handjob from the bridge and tunnel posse.

Ricky Slade: That's because that [censored]' girl had issues with the bathtub and the other thing. Now float me a hundred bucks.

Bobby: For what?

Ricky Slade: You wanna see how fast I can get a gun?

Bobby: What happened to your money?

Ricky Slade: I have it, i have some stuff left.

Bobby: How much?

Ricky Slade: I've got like 80.

Bobby: $80!

Ricky Slade: 80 plus five, I've got five in the room, $85.

Bobby: $85, what happened to the 1500?

Ricky Slade: Well you could have picked up a [censored]' tab once in a while!

Bobby: I picked up half the [censored]' tab!

Another classic from that movie...

Ricky Slade: I don't know why we don't get a drink, sittin' inside this place.

Bobby: Chloe wanted to come here.

Ricky Slade: She doesn't know where the hell she is, Bob. She'd have more fun if we were at Bordner's. She could play the trivia game that she likes or the little racing game thing she does .

Bobby: She's a little girl, little girls don't like going to bars.

Ricky Slade: We had fun. We went to bars when we were kids. Met all the different people. Right? When we met Slimmy.

Chloe: Isn't it fun?

Ricky Slade: What's that, sweetie?

Ricky Slade: What's that?

Ricky Slade: What fun?

Chloe: Isn't it fun to paint?

Ricky Slade: To paint? Yeah, I love it! Really calms me down. Frogs aren't purple by the way. Have you ever seen a purple frog?

Chloe: Yes.

Ricky Slade: Yeah. Okay, when? When you were asleep?

Female Salesperson: Excuse me sir, there's no smoking in here.

Ricky Slade: Why, you serving food?

Salesperson: No, it's store policy. And you can't sit at a station without purchasing a ceramic.

Ricky Slade: You believe this [censored]. I can't sit at a station without purchasing a ceramic. Well, why don't you bring me a ashtray then. Can I color me that, a ceramic ashtray?

[after a pottery clerk throws an ashtray on his table]

Ricky Slade: There's a nice way to do that!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:41 PM

NH Good Will Hunting

For Goodfellas, I always liked the end:

The hardest thing was to leave the life. I love the life. We were treated like movie stars with muscle. We had it all. Our wives, mothers, kids, everybody rode along. I had bags filled with jewelry stashed in the kitchen. I had a bowl of coke next to the bed.

Anything I wanted was a phone call away. Free cars. Keys to a dozen hideouts all over the city. I'd bet a grand over a weekend...then blow the winnings in a week or go to sharks to pay the bookies. Didn't matter. It didn't mean anything. When I was broke I would go rob some more.

We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everybody had their hands out. Everything was for the taking. And now it's all over. That's the hardest part.

Today everything is different. There's no action. I have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food. After I got here I ordered spaghetti with marinara sauce......and I got egg noodles with ketchup.

I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

ScottieK
Old 12-29-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and ofcourse the oil companies use a little skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices, a cute little antilary benefit for them, but it ain't helpin' my buddy at 2.50 a gallon.

[/ QUOTE ]

$2.50 a gallon. LOL. Back in '97, I'm sure this was preposterous!

EDIT: The word is "ancillary", no? What is "antilary"?