Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Small winnings

Yes, I agree. I was making the reference as to the "best chance of an up session of a specified amount" which I felt was the idea of the OP's plan since the slots comparison was made.

-SonnyJay
Old 10-26-2005, 11:56 AM

After processing all of the advise, I have decided to become a whore. Now I just have to withdraw from school and find myself a competent pimp. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But seriously, any tips on BW? Also if you do this, how much do you make strictly from the bonuses? Thanks, you guys have been a big help.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:03 PM

If you can make 10% ROI at the 11s, that's a return of $1.10 each, so you need to play 20 a day to make your 20 bucks. Easy work. As others have said, however, you can't count on a steady return day by day. One day you'll make $40, the next day you'll make zip. Also keep in mind that 20 11s a day will require a daily investment of $220. A couple of bad days can really ruin your month. Losing 10 in a row isn't that uncommon.

Short answer: Take the fast-food job and play poker on the side until you can handle the swings.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Losing 10 in a row is remarkably common.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[ QUOTE ]

Short answer: Take the fast-food job and play poker on the side until you can handle the swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very, very sound advice.

OP - be careful with the BW plan. Assuming your deposit is $250, you could burn through that before making the bonus if you aren't careful. There is a reason they offer bonuses: most players can't beat it.

Bottom line: study, read 2+2, play recreationally, learn the game before you endeavor to use poker as any thing other than a hobby.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How difficult would it be to consistently earn and pull out about $400 per month ($15-20 per day)? What is the best way to accomplish this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're a winning player at low limits and willing to put in the hours, then $400 a month is reasonable. Most months, but not all you could make this target.

As for $20 per day... well, as so many others have said, averaging $20 per day isn't hard, but actually getting $20 per day, every single day is much harder than you'd think.

Poker has a lot of variance, so in the short term, you'll experience large swings, even if you have a proven long-term win rate established.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:40 PM

Loxii the very best advice anybody could give to you right now would be to spend the next couple of weeks thoroughly reading this forum and its archives. Read them until you can't stand it any more. It should make you a winning player which it seems is all you really want to be. Become a winning player and all else will take care of itself.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:56 PM

At the shorthanded $12 tables on stars or heads up matches $400 a month is quite easy.

Indy
Old 10-26-2005, 04:17 PM

Do you all play limit or no limit? SNGs?
Old 10-26-2005, 04:24 PM

I recommend you learn to play limit omaha 8/b and try those sng's or even a ring game. People are ridiculously bad at them and presumably variance is lower.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:42 PM

I play mostly no limit but limit is also profitable. Just practice your heads up play and get better at shorthanded games. Full SNG tables are fine too but take longer and are more taxing. You should also be playing the nightly $10+1 MTT on stars or at least one of the $2 or $3 games. I hit one of these every month or so for at least 1K.

Indy