Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Misplayed QQ? Party $25NL

Just as a disclaimer, I did lose this hand.

Reads on villain are 52% VPIP and 0%PFR over 157 hands. Played fishily enough, just appeared to be enjoying a bit of luck.

Please discuss, and indicate any errors or if/when I could have figured out I was behind. I'll reveal what I lost to in a few. FWIW, my justification for pummeling him on the flop AND turn is because he hesitated on each street. I know many of you would advocate a turn check, but I was (erroneously) confident that I was still ahead.

Thanks!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($33.68)
CO ($26.10)
Button ($36.34)
Villain ($23.37)
BB ($25.20)
Hero ($33.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Villain posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Villain calls $1.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.65) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, Villain calls $2.50.

Turn: ($7.65) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, Villain calls $7.

River: ($21.65) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $21.65
Old 11-13-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Misplayed QQ? Party $25NL

[ QUOTE ]
Just as a disclaimer, I did lose this hand.

Reads on villain are 52% VPIP and 0%PFR over 157 hands. Played fishily enough, just appeared to be enjoying a bit of luck.

Please discuss, and indicate any errors or if/when I could have figured out I was behind. I'll reveal what I lost to in a few. FWIW, my justification for pummeling him on the flop AND turn is because he hesitated on each street. I know many of you would advocate a turn check, but I was (erroneously) confident that I was still ahead.

Thanks!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($33.68)
CO ($26.10)
Button ($36.34)
Villain ($23.37)
BB ($25.20)
Hero ($33.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Villain posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Villain calls $1.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.65) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, Villain calls $2.50.

this is good

Turn: ($7.65) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, Villain calls $7.

hero checks, because he is most likely way behind and has a sweet a** draw that he doesnt want to get blown off of.

River: ($21.65) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero checks.

this is good

Final Pot: $21.65

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-13-2005, 03:07 AM

preflop make i would usually make it 1.25 to go but thats personal preference and really up to the person playing. Flop continuation was good and you got the information you really needed, he either called you with the A or called you with the flush draw. Either way turn he has slaughtered and all your bet is doing is setting yourself up to get check raised almost 99% of the time and getting pushed off the only draw you have left. River was mostly likely going to be a CR but nice check behind.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:14 AM

Okay, just as I figured, my turn play was horrible. Basically I put him on a weak ace, and hoped that my turn bet would push him off of it. (Obviously I was mistaken..)
Old 11-13-2005, 04:31 AM

Very minor things.
1) I'd raise more UTG with this hand. At this level it's easy to get this hand multi-way OOP, which is exactely how you lose a lot with this hand. The LAG will call you with hands you dominate if you raise more and you'll keep the hand smaller. You know best though since you're at the table of course.
2) I'd bet about $5 on the turn. Reason: You're going to get a fold here for 5 or 7, which is what you want. It's unlikely you're being called here with a hand that isn't beating you. So save the extra 8BB.

Other than that it looks fine.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:34 AM

I don't mind betting this hand against this type of villian. Although I typically agree with checking this turn against most other opponents.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:25 PM

Thanks to everyone for the great advice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Villain turns over A10off and takes the pot with two pair.

This really perplexed me. I guess I was expecting a raise? But villain was loose-passive, and there were three diamonds on the board... Then again, wouldn't my turn bet push him off of two pair if he was that afraid of a flush?
Old 11-13-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then again, wouldn't my turn bet push him off of two pair if he was that afraid of a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Party $25NL

[/ QUOTE ]