Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Maybe interesting hand

Betting the flop was suggested by several. From my perspective we should probably bet the flop coming out of the blind; however, checking and seeing what the action is has some merit, particularly if we have reads on post-flop play that indicate that there is a decent chance the first bet will come from late position allowing us to C/R and face the field with 2 cold.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
however, checking and seeing what the action is has some merit, particularly if we have reads on post-flop play that indicate that there is a decent chance the first bet will come from late position allowing us to C/R and face the field with 2 cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a pokertracker aggression factor of 2 over <100 hands (he just said few) is why we checked? I find this hard to believe.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda new to SH so bear with me

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry. This is a pretty typical microlimit full ring hand. Trix obviously has really good table selection [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Old 10-18-2005, 07:34 PM

i understand your hand is weak and your equity will be much more firmly established on the turn and all that, but i just bet the flop and see what happens.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:25 AM

I lead the flop here and always wonder how to continue if I get raised. If its headsup then I sometimes bet-fold the turn but that feels pretty bad.
I am bad in handling these situations so more input would be cool.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:18 AM

I think you played this perfectly. UTG will nearly always bet the turn (cos he's EP), so there's no need to bet there, and once it's headsup a CR is kinda pointless.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this perfectly. UTG will nearly always bet the turn (cos he's EP), so there's no need to bet there, and once it's headsup a CR is kinda pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

What turn line do you guys take if the flop checks around? (If it depends on the turn card, which cards would cause you to take which lines?)

If you bet do you fold to a raise?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 10-20-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What turn line do you guys take if the flop checks around? (If it depends on the turn card, which cards would cause you to take which lines?)

If you bet do you fold to a raise?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely bet. If the turn card is >9, then probably fold to all raises excepting when it's folded to the button who raises (but only because of the opponent's stats). If the opponents were aggressive, then call down most raises.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Results

UTG checked through Q6.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:48 PM

i like the flop, but i think i'd bet out on the turn you've just picked up a straight draw and if you are raised you have the odds to call it with the 6 non club straight outs and the two 9s for boat outs giving you 8 total outs.