Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Hey Conjelco,

the book sales, as i understand it, are a seperate business. the book sales do not pay the expenses here. the ads they sell pay the expenses.

if this were only about the books, the banners would all lead to conjelco, OR be inexpensive. they are not inexspensive.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100% ad supported? the main purpose of this forum is to help them sell books is it not?

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be true that this site is paid for by ad revenue, but 2+2 makes money on book sales encouraged by this site, whether sold by Conjelco or at the local book store.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:54 PM

we are regularly up grading as the traffic grows. it has been so fast lately. plus we pay a huge amount for expenses here. it is a free site, just ads.anyone that doesnt like that who watches tv or listens to the radio is not being consistent.

i have a slow dialup where i live and really hate it when its slow so i understand that part. but do not understand how someone would be upset at a free site that makes them lots of money that has ads.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:15 PM

anyone that doesnt like that who watches tv or listens to the radio is not being consistent.

if the commercial breaks went from 2 minutes to 5 minutes would you notice? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2005, 09:44 PM

I think 2+2 is doing a reasonably good job of keeping up with the growth.

My point on the book sales issue is that even if you require this website to pay for itself that is just an accounting gimmick, its true value to the owners of 2+2 includes the extra book sales.

And while Chuck may only make money from the Conjelco sales generated by this site, the authors make money from book sales through all book sellers.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:49 PM

I need the 2+2 version of TiVo
Old 05-22-2005, 10:09 PM

I think the fact that people are upset when the site is slow simply points to how valuable the site is to the poker community and the importance we attach to it. For me, it is easily the most valuable poker resource I have found on the internet - by a wide margin. I would guess most of the 2+2 community feels the same. I'm glad to hear that new servers are being added next week and hope this alleviates the problem. I hope that Mason,et al, continue to run the site tightly and that it continues to be a great resource for the serious player. If that meant some type of fee income system or a system of voluntary donation was needed, I for one would have no objection whatsoever.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If that meant some type of fee income system or a system of voluntary donation was needed, I for one would have no objection whatsoever

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that the newbies will avoid this site if it costs them even a little, and that would not be good for 2+2.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The problem is that the newbies will avoid this site if it costs them even a little, and that would not be good for 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be willing to pay a fee, mainly for this reason. However, I agree it would not be in 2+2's best interest.