Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Bubble Problem

Stars $5.00 +.50 about 10 more to go before the money. My stack is just around the average 6000 ish. I have no interest in sneaking into the money. The villain 3 to my left has raised 12 of the last 13 hands the only hand he didn't raise was raised into him. Blinds are 800/1600.
I'm in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Two folds and villain min raises. Folded around to me and Villain has me well covered. Whats my play? I know what I did was probably the worse thing I could have done.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Bubble Problem

Is he the kind of villain who will fold to your push preflop getting great odds? If so, push.

Otherwise, call and push any flop unless you make top pair or better, in which case, you should check and push next time it comes to you.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:02 AM

Call & lead a missed flop. Check TP to push his action bet.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:33 AM

EDIT didn't notice you were in the big blind. Call, and push a miss and check a hit.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:21 AM

So, if I'm reading right, you're already in for 1600 of your 6000 stack? 4400 behind? So, calling would be over 1/3 of your remaining chips. No way you can call here and fold on the flop. Even if you have 6000 behind and the call is for 1/4 of your chips, I can't see doing it.

Also, it's obvious by this point that villain is raising every single hand. You're ahead of his range pretty well. I'd push for sure. Even if he has A6 or something like that, you're not in too bad shape. And A6 would be at the high end of his range.

Alternatively, you could stop and go, but I don't like letting him get away cheap if he misses, and I don't like giving him my chips if he pairs his 6 or whatever.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM

Yea i agree with everyone. STop and go is the way to go. He's probably calling your PF all in. But he might fold to a 4400 bet on the flop. I like kjs a lot in this spot with the background on villain.