Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: 10 x BB All in or Fold

who cares how u spell
Old 11-01-2005, 04:58 PM

Thank You for your reply Rizen ....

Could you point me in the right direction for the understanding behind the rule...

Is there a certain book I should study or any links to posts which explain the rule more in depth...so I can understand the rule more and adapt it better to my game

Thanks in advance

Tom [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:15 PM

I'm far from the best player on this board, so take this with a grain of salt...

I don't like pushing there. There are too many people behind you to call. Too good of a chance there is JJ+ back there just loving your all-in.

Now, with 6 or less BB's I definitely push, as I can't afford to wait any longer. 7, probably the same. 8-10BB, if the table isn't too aggressive and I think I can see a flop 50% of the time, I limp. If the table is very aggressive, I lay it down and try to get something in a little better position.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank You for your reply Rizen ....

Could you point me in the right direction for the understanding behind the rule...

Is there a certain book I should study or any links to posts which explain the rule more in depth...so I can understand the rule more and adapt it better to my game

Thanks in advance

Tom [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk already covered some of it in his initial reply:

[ QUOTE ]
b) you need to understand a concept before you blindly follow it

read up on inflection points, etc. there's plenty of information in HoH and in the archives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tried to elaborate in a way that might be helpful. I believe HoH2 discusses inflection points in depth, and there is a lot of information in these forums about it if you can figure out how to get to it using the search feature.

-Rizen
Old 11-01-2005, 05:23 PM

Hero I dont mind posts like this at all in fact this is exactly what new players are after...different views & different aproaches to different situations that they can relate to....I don mind my play being critised as long as It is explained why and a point of view given.... I think the play you would make is a very valid play and is certainly one I would consider in a similar situation again...

Thank You [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]