Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 07:19 PM

Default KK vs. multiway action

I don't have any really good reads yet, this is early in my session. I think the PFR might be a bit on the LAG side, but that's the only real read. No read on the villian I'm up against at the river.

Three questions: 1) do you bet out on the flop here? (I think it is correct) 2)I planned to fold to a turn 3-bet, is that wrong? and 3)what is your move on the river? Thanks.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (22 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero ???.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
Old 05-03-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: KK vs. multiway action

Folding to a turn 3-bet would've been a goot move.
Check behind on the river.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:25 PM

2)I planned to fold to a turn 3-bet

I hope you would have enjoyed your shrimp cocktail. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 07:26 PM

any reads on MP? i'd have just called the bet i think. i can't see anybody folding that a) we want out of the hand or b) isn't staying anyways.

plus the bet probably is 2 pair- AQ limped or QJ, which he didn't 3-bet because he's a passive wuss [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
check behind the river.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:26 PM

I like how you played it. I would probably check down the river because with your raise on 4th street, he could be setting you up. He likely only calls if he paired his ace. I can see him having AT or ATS/A8s/A9s. If he hit 2 pair with the Qc, then why would he not 3-bet you on the turn?
Old 05-03-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a turn 3-bet would be [censored] terrible. Can none of you read the board?

I honestly don't see a lot of value in the turn raise, especially given how much getting 3-bet sucks. I'd check the river.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a turn 3-bet would be [censored] terrible. Can none of you read the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess not...
And I'm not even drunk yet..
Stupid gutshots that aren't really "gutshots" per say [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 07:37 PM

Sorry to chime in with you guys...but, do we check behind on the river because a worse hand won't call and a better hand won't fold? Is this correct thinking?
Old 05-03-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to chime in with you guys...but, do we check behind on the river because a worse hand won't call and a better hand won't fold? Is this correct thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much. since hero reraised the turn from what i can guess because we have a showdown hand. it's probable we are behind, so take the cheap showdown...IMHO.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet this river, a worse pair will call often (qx, jx).