Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-28-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Foxwoods or AC this weekend?

For reasons utterly beyond my control, I am able to go to AC or Foxwoods Friday morning, but no other time this weekend, arriving there around mid-morning.

Considering this is a big holiday weekend, where am I likely to endure shorter lines for the low-limit games (i.e., 5/10 and lower)? Is it realistic to expect a wait under 2 hours at either place, if I arrive around 11 am?

Also, I assume that it will be quite difficult (or expensive) to find a place to stay Friday night, but I might be willing to stay somewhere within a short drive. Will I have more options near AC or near Foxwoods?
Old 12-28-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods or AC this weekend?

Can't speak on Foxwoods .... but I would guess you'll have more options to stay near AC ... check at some of the motels/hotels in Absecon... If you arrive before 11am in AC the lines for the games you're looking for should be under 2 hours

Coincidentally, I'll be in AC on Friday.... but more than likely won't make it past the blackjack tables
Old 12-29-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods or AC this weekend?

I was at Foxwoods yesterday at 8:30 AM. It took about 45 minutes to get on a table, usually it is about a 10-20 minute wait. The board filled up about 9:30 so the wait from that point on was probably a few hours minimum. When new people got onto the table they said they waited a few hours. As far as hotels are concerned there are three on the property and a few within 20 minutes. Hope this helped and good luck.