Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 01:58 AM

Default three hands against one maniac

80 live against a psyhco lady who clearly just gambles up laggy constantly from several hands ive seen. she loves to openraise whenever it's folded to her and loves to bet whenever checked to regardless of her cards. she has strong when weak tells with her betting.

hand 1 i get KdTd in hijack, she openraises, i 3 bet, she calls. the flop is Qd7h3c. she checks, i bet, she checkraises real strong/fast like. i call. the turn is 6d. she bets, i call. the river is a 4h. she bets, i call.

hand 2 a generally sort of tight mediocre guy openraises from hijack, she 3 bets, i call in the bb w/ Ad2d planning to bet most flops. raiser calls. 3 of us. the flop is Kh9d3c. i bet, hijack folds, she calls. the turn is Ts. i decide to check-call her down regardless of what comes. i check, she obliges and bets, i call. the river is an 8c, i check-call.

hand 3. i get 6c4c in the bb. she openraises on the button i call. the flop is 6h5d2d. i checkraise, she 3 bets, i 4 bet. im planning to put at least 12 bets in on the flop, but she just calls. the turn is a Q. i bet, she raises, i call. the river is a K, i check-call.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: three hands against one maniac

[ QUOTE ]
im planning to put at least 12 bets in on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

fresh like misted lettuce [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 05:00 AM

Is this for real? Hands 1 and 2? In hand 2, what do you beat? In hand 1, if you're that determined, raise the river or something, she may fold KJ.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:46 AM

i really think you should raise the turn in hand one. and check it behind if you miss.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:00 AM

I pretty much play these the same way as u, given your read. Only exception, Hand 1...think about popping turn. I mean, if she is really that crazy to 3bet with a worse hand, then call down.

Hand 2, I like the c/c approach from the turn and on, as she will raise a decent amount of air, while almost never taking the free card.

Hand 3 preflop -- I like the move. Close imo. Id have no idea what Id do until the action got to me. Postflop is good though.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i really think you should raise the turn in hand one. and check it behind if you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like this player will bet the river.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:23 PM

A player who will bet nearly 100% of the time when checked to should be called down often. So I think blackjacks, A-xs, and K-Q go up in value against this type of player. But K-T and 6-4 are trouble hands.

In hand 1, the raise-the-flush-draw-on-the-turn ploy works much less than it used to, as you and others have pointed up here before. I think I prefer not to raise the turn, since she'd then not put you on a flush if you happen to get there on the river and you could make oodles of bets.

On hand 3, I don't understand why you would want to put "at least 12" bets in on the flop. Just too many ways to get turned or rivered. Or maybe I just misunderstand the meaning of your post title. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 02:52 PM

Hand 1: I fold preflop, but yeah if you're gonna play then I like the 3-bet. I'd just rather have an ace or a pocket pair to make that play from 3 off the button. I don't really like the calldown either, that flop is pretty dry, no real draws.....you're hoping she is on complete air?

Hand 2: Again, I probably fold preflop, and I'm done with the hand on that flop. You are 3-way with just a couple backdoor draws.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't the way to beat a maniac gamber to wait until you have something to showdown before you go to war with them. You know they are not going to backoff so why not give yourself a decent ace, or a pair before you get involved?

Hand 3: Yes, obviously get to showdown, but 12 bets on the flop is a bit extreme. If goes more than 4 bets you are probably way behind, or she has a lot of outs against you and may even be a favorite over your 1 pair.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:07 PM

I told you that you play well, my friend. I'm just going to say "ditto what this guy says." I may be able to stop posting in the future if you keep this up.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:12 PM

Hand 1:
Will she fold A-high if you raise turn and bet the end? If not I like the line somewhat... but even against the laggiest of opponents it is tough to show a profit calling down with K-high

Hand 2:
I don't like this hand. There is not much you can beat here. I would probably fold this hand. Even lags wake up to a hand every now and then.

Hand 3: Bad turn and river, but a call down is probably in order here as well.