Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Collusion and cheating in my own home... HELP!!!

I posted this to the other forum too, sorry for the repeat...

As the subject line implies, I have a problem in my home games. We usually get the same crowd of about 14 guys around. Well lately I've been realizing that 3 of the guys playing seem to be colluding. Two of the guys are brothers and the other is a mutual friend of mine and theirs. Here is how it seems to be going when they do it. We usually play with 2 preliminary tables which combine to a big final table. So chances are 2 of the 3 wind up at one table and the other is at another table. So the 2 guys at one table go all in against each other so one gets a mountain of chips. Then the guy at the other table plays really tight and gets to the winner's table. Then the brothers are together at the winner's table. They can often be seen whispering and they both play strong and try to get even more chips. Then when the game becomes 3 handed, the collusion begins in earnest.

When it is 3 handed between the brothers and another guy, whenever the other guy folds one of the brothers also folds so that the brothers dont eliminate each other. Therefore they can wait until the other guy goes all in and both call him to ruin his odds. Then they split the money (I know the brothers split it and i assume that the 3rd guy is in). What can I do?! My home game is going to hell. Please help.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Collusion and cheating in my own home... HELP!!!

Become a paper player.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:45 AM

a what?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:46 AM

The next time you catch them cheating hit one of them in the face with a shovel, and kick them out of your house.

Or you know...Don't let them play anymore?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:54 AM

A paper player
Old 07-25-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What can I do?! My home game is going to hell. Please help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, don't invite them? It's your game.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:28 PM

If this happened more than once you are an idiot. I couldn't imagine how much more blatant they could get.

Definately tell them that they are not welcome at the game any more because they are cheating. Poker is not a team sport.

Then hit them in the face with a shovel.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:05 PM

Get the 11 other guys to collude against them. Let 'em see how it feels.

And, yes, then hit them in the face with shovel.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:33 PM

Try handling this problem when you think one of the cheaters is your father in law, who also lives next door, who chip dumped to his other son in law after we'd gotten into an arguemant earlier in the night. Things can get a little tense.

I like the shovel idea, but I just wouldn't invite them back, or confront them in front of the whole crowd. I had a problem with one of my guys looking at all the cards people would fold. So before the next tournament, I made an announcement that the dealer is responsible for all the mucked cards and NOBODY was to be looking at them. I didn't single anybody out, just made everyone aware that it hasn't gone unnoticed.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:39 PM

It's very simple, say you and a few others have noticed very very suspicious and pretty blatent collusion between them and you no longer wish to have them in your game. They'll deny it of course but just say that everyone else would be more comfortable without them, regardless of their innocence/guilt.