Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-07-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Name Pros/Cash games they play in?

Well they all feed off of whales that come and play poker hoping to increase their already huge funds. The price to play in the big game is like 1/100 of a small blind an hour, so they just wait and pass money around until a whale comes and they all feed off him/her.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:43 PM

What were they doing? Did Ivey just lose a pot to Phil? Or did Phil get to the table late? or something...
Old 10-08-2005, 12:32 PM

hellmuth took a bathroom break and made it back to the table just before his cards were mucked
Old 10-08-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Funniest .gif ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

i watched this forever trying to figure out what was funny about it. the look on ivey's face is hilarious.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:56 PM

It's funny how everyone says they feed off the "whales" that come to play with them. I usually take 2 trips to vegas a year for 2-3 weeks each trip usually in conjuction with the 5 diamond and the wpt championship. I'm yet to see someone playing in the game that hasn't been recognizable. Although some of the players I'd have to suspect as being the "whales" in that game would be Gus Hanson, Jonny Chan, possibly Minh Ly (not sure on what his deal is but saw him playing a lot of shorthanded against Chip, Doyle, Phil, Barry G), Sam Farha, and Lyle Berman. I've never seen David Oppenheim playing in the "big game" as someone listed, I believe I've seen him usually playing between 400-800 and 1k-2k. Of the 5 players I've listed I'm sure 4 of them are good contributors to the game and I'm sure there are a few more well knowns that are loser in that game.

Bob S.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:49 PM

When i wrote this, I wasnt really looking for a list of the big game players. I was looking for what cash game stakes the big name tournament players usually play in. Stakes and the type of poker they play. I guess it was cool getting a full list of the big game players but thats not what i was really looking for. Sorry if my origanal post wasnt clear.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:46 PM

Money maker is known to have played 5-6 year olds heads up for bubble gum in convenient stores across tennessee.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When i wrote this, I wasnt really looking for a list of the big game players. I was looking for what cash game stakes the big name tournament players usually play in. Stakes and the type of poker they play. I guess it was cool getting a full list of the big game players but thats not what i was really looking for. Sorry if my origanal post wasnt clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

the Big Game cash players play between $2K/$4K and $4K/$8K [it will definitely vary depending upon certain factors like if a rich whale is in the game-- barryg1 aka Barry Greenstein can better go into more detail]. the game is usually played as a mixed game [i.e Stud8, NLH, PLO, duece to 7 triple draw] alternating between each game every couple of hands. a key thing to remember is these players play all the games which makes them alot more skillful than guys who specialize and grind in just one form like Limit Holdem or NL cash games.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:59 AM

yeah you know the TV people, but what about the other high stakes expert cash game players we don't hear too much about...

John Miller
Jim Puorro
and
Ed Milano
Old 10-10-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Money maker is known to have played 5-6 year olds heads up for bubble gum in convenient stores across tennessee.

[/ QUOTE ]

goddamned. thats too funny