Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 03:05 AM

Default this a good game?

will be getting together with some big bet players this weekend at a starbucks to talk shop. afterwards i think we're going sake bombing and then goin to one guy's house to drink more and play some baby games with the significant others. i've proposed playing spread limit 5CS. would this be a good game? like with limits of 2-4-8-16? i don't really want to play PL or NL as the girls would get creamed and the PL calcs would be too hard for our drunken minds.

any advice/other good games? plase no follow the queen or stickball; im looking for something interesting and strategic.

fim
Old 04-09-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: this a good game?

[ QUOTE ]
will be getting together with some big bet players this weekend at a starbucks to talk shop. afterwards i think we're going sake bombing and then goin to one guy's house to drink more and play some baby games with the significant others. i've proposed playing spread limit 5CS. would this be a good game? like with limits of 2-4-8-16? i don't really want to play PL or NL as the girls would get creamed and the PL calcs would be too hard for our drunken minds.

[/ QUOTE ]

5-stud is pretty boring no matter what betting structure you use. It's a more interesting game if you play that (1) two pair beats a 4-flush which beats a 4-straight which beats one pair, or (2) you can expose your downcard and get your next card dealt face down. Either of those would work with spread limit betting like you said. 7-stud and 7-stud-8 are much better games than any form of 5-stud.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:23 AM

If you're bent on playing spread limit, I recomend playing 7-stud, maybe $2-10 with no ante.

-Dimitri
Old 04-10-2005, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're bent on playing spread limit, I recomend playing 7-stud, maybe $2-10 with no ante.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely use an ante in spread-limit 7-stud though. With no ante the game becomes a complete rockfest.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:57 PM

Tic-Tac-Toe Hold em (three boards that can be played vertically or horizontally). Nut peddle. Lots of drunken fun and plenty to think about with all the dead cards. If you play 5CS you should play it No-Limit. Lot more interesting.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:08 PM

5CS / Soko gets boring kinda fast IMHO.

How about 6 card omaha hi/lo with a double flop.