Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 07:40 AM

Default Re: PSI Worst Poker on TV Yet

I watched the 2AM re-run and enjoyed it, but only because of the players. I could watch this table play 'go fish' and be entertained for an hour. I like the idea though, especially playing more than one game so bad beats/miracle cards have less of an effect. I'm still optimistic about the coverage improving, but I'll watch 'em all anyway.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:17 AM

I was a bit disappointed as well, but I had high expectations. And yes, I'll keep watching.

I also found the preflop raises interesting. I've normally seen raises of 3-5 times the big blind, but these guys were putting in multiples of 10-30 on a regular basis.

In the Phil Ivey raise, I think he was deliberately overbetting the pot, hoping that Gus would come back at him with a lesser hand. Clearly, these guys are on a different level.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:36 AM

i was disappointed for all the same reasons. i will watch the rest as well though because its just cool to see all these guys at the same table.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else cant stand how that idiot from best damn sports show says the word "draw" and how he always says he has a straight draw when it is a gut shot!?

also, why were the starting blinds at 1k/2k with the stacks at 100k?? and why were they raising so big??? i think ivey raised to 28k when doyle and gus limped and the blinds were 1500/3k??? can anyone explain that? i dont play any live tournies but is this a normal thing? on online poker sites the raises are all 3x... barry raised 13k a few times with the blinds 1500/3k. i didnt understand this with only 100k to start with. i was pretty disappointed with the show overall too. 15 hands and 12 of them were all ins? except for the 3 hands that johnny played in lol. i wasnt impressed hope they listen to us and change it if they all werent recorded already. but i dno if i saw this on tv last year and didnt play for 10 months i probably would love it so i doubt they will change anything. oh well still good watching poker on tv + the main event and that other espn freeroll is coming up i guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

a gutshot IS a straight draw.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:07 PM

I was disappointed as well. I had hoped that they had learned their lesson from the Live tournie they showed; that it is interesting and almost necessary to show every hand, just so the plays make sense.

FSN might be suprised how hardcore their audience actually is.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:07 PM

I cant believe no one has brought this up, but werent any of you annoyed by the blaring noise and flashing word bluff that came up when doyle tried to bluff ivey in a pot. What the hell was that? Also I'm not 100% sure on this but it looked to me like at the beginning when they were explaining how to play texas hold em, at the end they lit up the wrong hand as being the winning hand. Someone who has this on tape needs to go back and double check this for me, but I'm almost positive unless i misread the cards or something.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:08 PM

lol, i have it on replaytv, i will load it up tonight and check. luckily that part is in the beginning so i wont have to endure too much of this sub espn program quality.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:06 PM

The bluff announcement was one of the most annoying things I have seen since Fox used a colour shifting puck for their hockey coverage