Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-11-2004, 09:20 AM

Default Micro bankroll, where can get a bonus and clear playing micro limits?

I have about $15 as I dont want to make my poker education expensive, so I'm looking for a site where I will be able to play very low stakes(like 0.2/0.4) and hopefully get a deposit bonus, affiliate, etc.
Does anyone know?Currently the only site I see is Pacific, but their bonuses are so tough to clear its almost ridiculous, maybe at UB but I think they demand you play at 0.50+ tables
Old 08-11-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Micro bankroll, where can get a bonus and clear playing micro limits?

UltimateBet offers insanely low stakes, like .01/.02 low. That's where I would go.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Micro bankroll, where can get a bonus and clear playing micro limits?

I believe that UB starts at .01/.02 then immediatly jumps to .25/.50.

I would recommend Pacific to start. They will give you free $$$ for opening a real money account (even with no deposit). I would start at the .05/.10 game there and see how you do. I think that is a better place to start than .01/.02.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:55 AM

thats interesting.... I'd probably go to pacific too then unless you really want to play in a game where a 300BB bankroll is 6 bucks.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:37 AM

You could start playing the $0.05/$0.10 tables at Pacific poker or Victor Chandler poker.

If you want to take full advantage of bonuses, you will need a bit more than what you have to deposit.

Why not deposit a large amount of money then take it all straight back out bar your starting bankroll of $15... then play with the extra bonus cash as you try to clear it. You can do this at Pacific, where they'll give you the bonus and instantly add it to your account, (but you have to clear it before you can cash it out)...
Old 08-11-2004, 12:03 PM

Ray's method is how I have always done it (e.g. deposit a large amount to get the max bonus, but play at a very low limit compared to my "bankroll" at the site). I was not sure that you could remove your funds and leave the bonus, I have always just left the full amount until the bonus had cleared, but if ray's method works that is the best way when just starting out.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray's method is how I have always done it (e.g. deposit a large amount to get the max bonus, but play at a very low limit compared to my "bankroll" at the site). I was not sure that you could remove your funds and leave the bonus, I have always just left the full amount until the bonus had cleared, but if ray's method works that is the best way when just starting out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the Pacific idea. They have .05/.10 and .10/.20, .25/.50, .50/$1, etc.. Levels that appx. double, not like UB .01/.02 then a HUGE jump to the next limit..

Also, on pacific, they had a reload bonus a month or so ago, I put in $500 and took it out the next day... Not all sites allow this, but Pacific's bonus-clearing policy is tougher than most... By the time you clear it, they have made more than the bonus amount in your rake contribution. Absolute is much easuer to clear, but the funds must stay in for 30 days or something like that..
Old 08-13-2004, 05:13 PM

Check out http://www.victorypoker.com. It is a "skin" of Victor Chandler poker that just opened on July 21st. Great place to play AND they have a 35% First-time deposit bonus (if using Neteller) that beats most other sites. They have, as already stated, $.05/$.10, $.10/$.20, $.25/$.50 and up. I'm a relatively new player, but I'm having good success here. Give it a shot and I think you'll like it. Since they are so new, they don't have any referral bonuses, but if you want to use me as a referral, you certainly can. My username there is JoeDogInKC. Hope to see you at the tables.

BTW, the minimum deposit is $25 which is better than most I've seen that require $50 to get started.