Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-09-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: MTH v2.008 Release

I found a category of gaming headset microphones for use with voice recognition. Is this necessary or superior to standard microphones? They are 50$
http://www.emicrophones.com/micropho...asp?prodID=006

Also, do you recommend something that is usb connected, or the tiny round microphone port?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found a category of gaming headset microphones for use with voice recognition. Is this necessary or superior to standard microphones? They are 50$
http://www.emicrophones.com/micropho...asp?prodID=006

Also, do you recommend something that is usb connected, or the tiny round microphone port?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're loaded, i'd think those microphones are probably overkill. Any microphone delivering good clear sound ought to be fine. A better microphone does without doubt result in better voice recognition, but at a certain point, the added prize does not correspond to the added quality in the voice recognition.

Regarding USB/Mini jack, it shouldn't make a difference.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:00 PM

The drawback is simply tripping over the wires/ pulling them out of the plug when you move around.

I have not researched the bluetooth headsets, but I was thinking of going that route if it was practical to use the same headset for both PC and cellphone.

I could see recharge being an issue for long sessions but I suppose a backup wired headset or standalone mic would take care of that.

I used a Plantronics wired headset a while back that worked well and was a good deal at the time from Newegg.

Really though I'm thinking a headset is not ideal for long poker sessions and a lightweight wearable mic would be better (more comfortable).
Old 12-09-2005, 09:22 PM

I've sent out 2.012. This version should fix the lag issues, it includes some major performance fixes. It should be available via auto update. If not, use www.multitablehelper.com
Old 12-10-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've sent out 2.012. This version should fix the lag issues, it includes some major performance fixes. It should be available via auto update. If not, use www.multitablehelper.com

[/ QUOTE ]

You Da Man!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:48 AM

Minor issue with your auto-update.

I place the launch Icon in the lower left section of the taskbar. When MTH updates, it replaces the Icon on the desktop, but clicking the Icon on the taskbar gives an error until I delete that Icon and replace it with the new one.

Like I said, it's a very minor issue. I've not tested the new version yet other than to fire it up, but so far so good.

Thanks!!
Old 12-10-2005, 04:13 PM

Really great program. I especially like the new option to have it auto sit you at tables. I was wondering if you could make it so this feature does not sit you at seat 4 (counting form the right of the dealer) because over the course of a SNG the game number pops up there and obscures you chip stack.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really great program. I especially like the new option to have it auto sit you at tables. I was wondering if you could make it so this feature does not sit you at seat 4 (counting form the right of the dealer) because over the course of a SNG the game number pops up there and obscures you chip stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... for now I just manualy chose a new seat if I am in #4.

Is there a way to get rid of those table reminders?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go into your /images folder and resize the table_options file to 1 pix x 1 pix and it will never bother you again.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go into your /images folder and resize the table_options file to 1 pix x 1 pix and it will never bother you again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you able to resize poker tables?!