Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-04-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Huge pot, HU

holy [censored] even i wouldn't let that many bets go in

gg
Old 12-04-2005, 06:25 PM

I check call the turn but I don't dispise the turn lead. I think the river is okay but not great. I don't think 2 pair significantly improved your hand.

I'd range him as 2 pair, set, AA, a flush or AK or Aqc. There are other potential hands but I think these are the most likely.

Krishan
Old 12-04-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gg

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh. I guess if AgroHUSHPoster is saying this, I probably put in about 5 too many bets.

However, to be a bit results oriented, at least I won [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Villain showed 75, and then proceeded to cry.

I realize that I did push too hard with this hand, but does anyone think these "reads" I had matter at all?
Old 12-04-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gg

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt expect to see this one come out of you. nh

i agree this hand was hugely overplayed. after youre raised on the turn its time to slow down and cc the river. bet/calling serves no purpose and i dont like checkraising because hes represented a set or perhaps KK with a flush draw and you arent ahead > 66.6% of the time.

i also question some of the other streets but i have a hard time analyzing this hand without having any sense of what type of opponent were up against. of course hes a fishy posting UTG but thats all i know.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:14 PM

Most of the time someone is auto-betting and auto-raising they have a very good made hand that loses if an obvious draw gets there. Especially common among TAGs.

75 with no club is not surprising to me at all here.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that Villian raising UTG and then capping hero's 3 bet from the BB with 75 is not the least bit suprising?
Old 12-04-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that Villian raising UTG and then capping hero's 3 bet from the BB with 75 is not the least bit suprising?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess nothing surprises me from an UTG poster. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

But I was really talking about post flop is when I seem to notice this super fast kind of play.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:54 PM

On the flop, he's either drawing very live or has you boned.

On the river, you've overtaken some of the hands you were losing to, but not all of them by a long way, and the drawing hands have missed. I think check-raise is a bit of a longshot and would prefer to bet-call so as to get value from the pair-plus-draw hands we had beaten all along and the two-pair hands we just overtook while not donating too much to the sets and flushes.

The river three-bet looks ugly. Call and hope he's insane.

As for the turn, I agree with your bet since the 4-bet-freecard is a possibility here; the raise just irritates me and I call it with an appropriately disgusted look on my face. Well played.

Guy.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:45 PM

this hand was overplayed. You got lucky that he was a cap-any-2-pre-maniac who overplays 2 pair. If he's even halfway sane you are spewing, and given that he posted UTG i'm not sure where you are coming up with "reads."

I probably just call down after the flop cap. Unless he's TAG(what TAG posts UTG?) he's not capping for a free card, these guys salivate at the chance to "semibluff" the turn after "capping for a free card" (it doesn't have to make sense). c/c the river after he raises the turn your K doesn't improve you enough over his hand range. If you had c/c'd the turn then a river c/r would be moer in order.

Surf