Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: A little feedback, please, guys?

I'm using Pokerstat...I guess about the same as tracker...I get same info, but dont get finish results listed, so although I know my ROI with very good filtering I cant find out my order of finish...
Also there are seperate costs to use on Pstars or Party...which imo is a rip, as I'm turning into a bonus whore and am chasing bonuses at varios sites atm.
Havn't seen an upgrade in 6 months either.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:45 AM

Default Re: A little feedback, please, guys?

I have tried most of them and stick to PT as well.

Been using it for a good while now and I almost exclusively play sng's.It has certainly helped me..... well worth the investment.

UKGazz
Old 11-07-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. I bought Poker Tracker yesterday.

Doc
Old 11-07-2004, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Thanks

I haven't used poker tracker for 6 months or so and I don't have it installed on this computer.

Does it give you free access to all the Databases that it creates? if it does and people want some specific reports/stats then I expect I can knock up some SQL to pull out what you want pretty quickly.

Tim
Old 11-07-2004, 08:03 PM

I believe the databases lack password protection, so yes.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:27 AM

Ya you can query them if you can figure out the bad table design of PT [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2004, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't used poker tracker for 6 months or so and I don't have it installed on this computer.

Does it give you free access to all the Databases that it creates? if it does and people want some specific reports/stats then I expect I can knock up some SQL to pull out what you want pretty quickly.

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim,

Even a trivial example of how to do this would be greatly appreciated. I have tons of things I want to be able to access or derive, but I'm not a database guy, although I am a professional programmer.

A simple example would be enough to get me started.

eastbay
Old 11-09-2004, 07:21 PM

There are 2 Poker Tracker databases, a stats DB and an hand history DB. They are in your pokertracker folder. You should use Windows explorer and make copies of them and then you can open one in Microsoft Access to work on.

To write a query, pick the query tab and select design a new query. I prefer to use design view and click the SQL button and write SQL directly. You can also use the wizard or the GUI to design queries.

Here is a query I wrote on the Hand History database to show me all hands on Pokerstars that I was all-in on. I also designed a report (pick the report tab) to format the output of this query in a nice readable report format. Hope this gets you started.

SELECT hand_histories.game_number, hand_histories.hand_history
FROM hand_histories
WHERE (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ## to ## and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ## to ### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ## to #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ## to ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ### to ### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ### to #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ### to ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises #### to #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises #### to ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ##### to ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets # and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets ## and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets ### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls # and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls ## and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls ### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls ##### and is all-in*"));