Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 02:08 AM

Default 5$: new to this section of forum, QJs early

level 2, i'm trying to follow the "Beating party 10" guide. was this a clear fold? should i have let it go on the flop?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

UTG+1 (t870)
MP1 (t815)
Hero (t775)
MP3 (t665)
CO (t770)
Button (t2130)
SB (t745)
BB (t525)
UTG (t705)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, MP1 calls t30, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t135) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t30</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t125</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls t95, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t220</font>, Hero calls t95, UTG+1 calls t95.

Turn: (t795) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
this is wrong****UTG+1 checks, UTG+1 folds.
UTG goes all in, hero calls.

River: (t795) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
results in white:
<font color="white"> villain had A4o</font>

Final Pot: t795
Old 12-22-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: 5$: new to this section of forum, QJs early

I probably would fold this, but I can certainly see are argument for playing it. With the two limpers in front of you and if the table has been fairly passive I might play it.

As for your line on the flop, I think I just flat call here with this many involved. You have a good number of outs with your flush draw and two overs, but I don’t think a raise is going to win you the pot and you open your self up to a re-raise and getting pushed off the hand. Also, MP1 re-raise is too small so I’d call now that I’m this far. But now I’m worried about a set.

As for the turn, meh…I honestly have no idea what UTG could have here. Q5, Q3, Q2 seems strange for an UTG limp. AQs/KQs is unlikely because he would have gave up on the flop with all that action not having a diamond draw. Maybe he was getting pretty with AA/KK/QQ? QQ’s not good if that’s what he has. Also, MP1 is still behind you and I’m still expecting to see a big hand from him (55, 33, 22).

But, I dunno, this is tough now that you’re this far with 30% of your stack in the middle. I call I guess because of the size of the pot and expect MP1 to come along as well. Spike your diamond on the river and win a huge pot.

Edit: Just looked at your results. I was way off I guess, except in think you were beat. A4 never entered my mind for some reason, maybe because it's 2am.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:59 AM

Fold Preflop
Fold On the flop
Fold on the turn

In that order
Old 12-22-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold On the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

You would fold your flush draw with two overs here getting 6.5-1 odds? I'm the last person to chase flushes, but if these donks want to let you get a very cheap shot at it, take it!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:14 AM

Didn't notice the flush draw. Just ignore me.