Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Do you usually play QKo?

Do you guys usually play this hand from early/mp? I used to muck it everytime but i notice a lot of poeple play it. I know it depends on the situation but im talking in general.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Do you usually play QKo?

I do, but I like to see alot more flops than most people do. In fact, I will even call raises with it sometimes.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do, but I like to see alot more flops than most people do. In fact, I will even call raises with it sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im actually starting to call. Im realizing im stuck in the poker book theories. Im not playing nearly enough hands. In the $215 tourney today i came in about 600th and i saw 10% of flops.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:45 AM

LOL QK just cost me 3k in chips..
Old 10-24-2005, 02:48 AM

I used to play a super TAG strategy all the time. Folding anything except Premium to raises. 10% of flops. It was a constant.

Then one day I began being aggressive. Not LAG. Maybe a little SLAG. But definitely playing pots. The amount of success I've had since then is absolutely unmeasurable in comparison.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to play a super TAG strategy all the time. Folding anything except Premium to raises. 10% of flops. It was a constant.

Then one day I began being aggressive. Not LAG. Maybe a little SLAG. But definitely playing pots. The amount of success I've had since then is absolutely unmeasurable in comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im starting to actually "get it".. The last week ive been opening up and actually almost WON the Bahamas double shootout.. Even raising w/ crap when i smell weakness..
Old 10-24-2005, 02:52 AM

I began opening up when I began playing 3/6 and 5/10 SH instead of 5/10 full ring a month or so ago.

6 FT's since then. (small sample size). But at least I'm having fun while I'm playing. Playing like a wuss is so boring.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:53 AM

As long as you can avoid getting stacked with TP2K play it. If you can't let go of top pair for your stack it will be your single most expensive hand.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I began opening up when I began playing 3/6 and 5/10 SH instead of 5/10 full ring a month or so ago.

6 FT's since then. (small sample size). But at least I'm having fun while I'm playing. Playing like a wuss is so boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man a few months back i was ridiculous.. Wouldn't play anything accept the top 15 hands.. I remember I won a $105 SNG and i saw 9/103 flops.. Probably the most ridiculous and amazing stat ever.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:35 AM

QK off is a good blind stealing hand in mid to late stages of tourneys when you are in good position.

I will call short stack pushes with QK late in tourneys when it wont damage me much if i lose.

but early in tourneys i usually wont play QK from early position , or if there are a ton of limpers from late position. LIke someone said earlier, you have to be able to play it smartly post flop.