Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 05:46 AM

Default I know im beat but I can\'t fold anywhere here right?

Anything wrong here? Seems like I lost quite a bit but I can't see playing it anyother way. Also the villian capped a gut shot on the flop after my raise was 3 bet in an earlier hand but he does not play poorly post flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB
Old 05-31-2005, 05:58 AM

Default Re: I know im beat but I can\'t fold anywhere here right?

getting 27 to 1 on the flop isn't enough for me.

you're drawing to runner runner pair/trip outs here. and those are tainted.

and your raise is pretty bad on the turn. do you really think you're even remotely ahead here?

reading your posts, you are very aggro in very wrong situations. you won't make money at this game playing like that.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:59 AM

You can fold preflop unless button and sb are particularly aggro.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
getting 27 to 1 on the flop isn't enough for me.

and your raise is pretty bad on the turn. do you really think you're even remotely ahead here?

reading your posts, you are very aggro in very wrong situations. you won't make money at this game playing like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Villian would bet a wide number of hands there what he may have capped and would certainly bet something like TT, JJ ,99 or sometype of draw even with an A on the board. Also my raise was mostly to try and drive the other player out incase A) my hand was good or B) K and Q's were outs that I could be protecting.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can fold preflop unless button and sb are particularly aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button not really but he wasn't very good the sb yes very much so. I couldn't see folding for 2 more bets when basically the entire was in for 4.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:29 AM

i'm feeling sick when it comes back capped pre-flop - but i put my chips in - i'm relieved when i see the flop because i can fold comfortably

i think calling the flop is awful - hitting one of your under cards on the turn and then spewing 4 big bets should be argument enough

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 05-31-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm feeling sick when it comes back capped pre-flop - but i put my chips in - i'm relieved when i see the flop because i can fold comfortably

i think calling the flop is awful - hitting one of your under cards on the turn and then spewing 4 big bets should be argument enough

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

well the hand proves you right but this SB deciding to cap there means very and little could be any type of of drawing hand and certainly 99-JJ. I was more concerned about the 3bettor. On the flop I was getting 1/24 with implied odds of 1/40 or so I thought. When the 3 bettor did not raise I was sure as I could be he did not have A. So when the turn comes I now have middle pair and the preflop raiser has only continued to bet which he would do with some hands that I am ahead of. The pot is huge there and I thought worth putting in a raise. When he 3bets I know I am virtually assured of being behind but it is $10 more to me with $200 in and I think this is key that player did cap a gut shot on similar board so there is some very slim chance I am ahead if he doesn't have AA. QQ, or AQ I have still have a few outs as well.

I don't see how I can fold the river at that point.

looking back I should have looked more closely at the reverse inmplied odds.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:01 AM

Also couldn't my turn raise possibly fold something like KK out of the button who because of the A on the flop got passive but when faced with two bets on the turn decides to laydown. Then if the SB does have something like JJ I would have made my hand good or if something like Ajs or ATs cleaning up my outs. Is the pot big enough to consider somthing like this?
Old 05-31-2005, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you can assume someone has an A just from the SB betting out. Don't you think JJ in the SB and TT on the button play the hand preflop exactly the same. Wouldn't the button 3 bet me here with a wide range of hands including just mid PP's?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:15 AM

I either raise or fold the flop, probably fold.