Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2004, 11:12 PM

Default 92s in BB

I'm quite happy with the way I played this one, I just wanted to run it by everyone and see if you think so as well...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (15 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 08-08-2004, 11:14 PM

Default Re: 92s in BB

Well played. Three betting on the turn is strong. I like it.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:13 AM

what a crappy river card. well played.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:40 AM

Generally, in a 3 handed pot, ramming n jamming the flop with just the flush draw is going to be a mistake (albiet a small one) because you don't have quite enough equity to make it +EV.

However, since you do have a pair on the flop, you have increased equity with extra outs, so 3-betting that flop is good. Nicely played.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:56 AM

is this true because of non-not flush/flush-overflush/boat issues? I always thought it took only two callers on the flop to be +EV (assuming out flush is good). help me fix a leak.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:58 AM

with just the flush outs, 2 callers = break even.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:03 AM

Generally, in a 3 handed pot, ramming n jamming the flop with just the flush draw is going to be a mistake (albiet a small one) because you don't have quite enough equity to make it +EV.

You are making a profit on each $ you put in here with two or more opponents
Old 08-09-2004, 01:06 AM

word. thanks. I thought I was stoopid. (still am, but at least not because of this)
Old 08-09-2004, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

However, since you do have a pair on the flop, you have increased equity with extra outs, so 3-betting that flop is good. Nicely played.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's basically what i figured. I felt that my flush outs were probably good, and there was a chance the raiser was just raising on overcards. A: my raise would throw some extra money in the pot if I made my flush and ended up taking it down that way. B: it would also further define the villain's hand by seeing if he caps here or calls.

Here are the results (in white): <font color="white">
Villain shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] making my 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] good for the whole pot. Looks like I had him the whole way even, my pair of deuces being good. Who knows how I managed to take this much out of him on this one. </font>
Old 08-09-2004, 01:13 AM

I'm not sure I agree about the break even....doing a bit of math here you'll hit your flush around 35% of the time....around 4% of that time you'll get runner-runner clubs, and you might lose to a higher club. In an absolute worst case scenario one of your opponents has a set, and they can still beat your flush 4% of that 35% of the time...so you're at WORST going to win that pot I believe 27% of the time if you see the river....hmmmmmmm now I'm all not sure and I might agree with Bison...blah I'm gonna go play with two dimes...if anyone can do the actual math or point me to a good post on this math, help me out here please.