Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Pinched nerve

[ QUOTE ]
See, deadlifts scare the hell out of me. I feel like that will cause a relapse...they just seems so...violent. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take up Caber-tossing. UHA!
Old 11-08-2005, 01:21 PM

I still have an odd numb spot in my foot from a sciatic thing like last month.

Nerves are basically lame.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:13 PM

Lots of stretching and back exercises the last few days. Getting much better. Slight dull pain from time to time and a little tingling, but the major sharp pain and numbness seems to be gone. It was pretty sweet a couple days ago how I could have my hand be numb, then stretch myself over the ottoman and have it not be numb.

The last six months of travel between NYC and SF have been hell on my workout schedule. That is largely to blame for this kind of crap. I think what actually happened this time was it was getting better on Friday, then sitting on a plane for seven hours screwed it up a lot. Time to hit the gym w/ some seriousness now that I'm back in SF pretty much full time.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you're getting old, john. you're getting old!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome
Old 11-09-2005, 01:54 AM

I hurt my back real bad deadlifting, which sucked...but i was prescribed OC, good stuff.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:22 AM

Skiing early last year half of the outside of my left foot went numb, completely out of the blue. I thought it would go away but it didnt. My brother used my boots a few weeks later and the same thing happened to him. He went to a doctor and they said it was just superficial, it would clear up in a few months. I ditched the boots, and my brother recovered in a few months.

Almost a year later, a third of my foot is still numb (im not sure if it has gotten better or I remember the initial problem wrong). It is just the skin, so it doesnt affect anything. I havent gone to a doctor because it really doesnt bother me.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sry for the mini hijack, but I wanna know whats wrong with me here:

I have this thing, that constantly flares up, in the top of that teardrop shaped muscle that flexes when your calf releases.

With no warning, if Im in a squatting position, with my thighs past parallel, and on the ball of my right foot, I get this shooting pain, followed by heat from my knee to my toes, and a pins and needles feeling. It just remains sore after I change my leg's position, and all that day, and night, my foot feels painful... kinda sore, with dull pain.

Since this keeps happening, probably 10-20 times a year, Im not sure what it is... pinched nerve?

[/ QUOTE ]

If only there were people who were trained to diagnose issues like this. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. too bad Im a poor ass mofo trying to string money together to pay off loans and get ready for a new school next semester.

oh and to the guy whose foot is numb, when I was in basic training, our boots did this to us alot, and though most of us got over it, a couple of my buddies say they still have no feeling in one part of the foot.