Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: I like Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
If I were the KJ guy, I'd put half my chips in one pile and every time I called I'd say:

"I call with Phil's chips."

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to have to steal this idea from you to use next time I win a pot against a guy who is pissing me off
Old 10-18-2005, 10:30 PM

the KJ guy was a major prick. gotta love how steamed he was when 99 went all-in and he called with JTs (what?!), flopped the straight, lost to full house, and was obviously enraged over his supposed bad beat. as phil pointed out, 99 had the best of it when the money was in.

then the guy hits a 3-outer on the river to beat phil when he was a monster favorite, phil goes off, and the guy calls him a crybaby. wow. seems hypocritical to me.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:31 PM

I LOVE PHIL.. hes the biggest c0ck you could possibly imagine when it comes to respecting other peoples style of play... besides.. he should realize that the reason he wins so much is that he plays better than most and most of the time he loses on a bad beat.. its quite simple.. im surprised he hasn't figured it out.. or at least adjusted his attitude.. like i remember reading somewhere.. "dont keep knocking on the fish bowl" or something
Old 10-18-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the KJ guy was a major prick. gotta love how steamed he was when 99 went all-in and he called with JTs (what?!), flopped the straight, lost to full house, and was obviously enraged over his supposed bad beat. as phil pointed out, 99 had the best of it when the money was in.

then the guy hits a 3-outer on the river to beat phil when he was a monster favorite, phil goes off, and the guy calls him a crybaby. wow. seems hypocritical to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of hypocritical, I love how Phil pointed out to the guy that it wasn't a bad beat because 99 was a favorite over JT, but then whined about it when his AQ got busted by 77. But yeah, that guy calling Phil a crybaby like 5 minutes after his own little tantrum was classic.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what up?
How does a guy call for all his chips with a KJ?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, he studied Bill Fillmaff's secret system.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does a guy call for all his chips with a KJ?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, he studied Bill Fillmaff's secret system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Works every time...
Old 10-18-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someday, Phil will realize that luck does play a part in poker. I still don't think he actually realizes this concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

If luck didnt play a part in the game Phil wouldn't have any bracelets.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:50 PM

I loved the one where he called the turn and river with JT (pair of tens) with two aces on the board and the other guy had jacks.

"You bet the turn and the river?!"
"You bet the turn and the river!!"

He called with a worse hand on the turn and the river. If he thought the other guy could only bet with an ace in his hand....well...oh, I like Phil just because I'd like to be at a table of his someday.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:51 PM

All I know is that I really wanted to throw something at the screen all night.

How can you be mad at the KJ guy... who by the way ISNT A PROFESSIONAL for being hypocritical when phil points out the 5% edge on 99-JTs, and then whine to his (psychologist..classic) wife abuot the same edge later?

I mean, Im still pondering how he got his bracelets... I know I came on the poker scene after he got most of them (2002) but I havent yet seen him play world class poker.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someday, Phil will realize that luck does play a part in poker. I still don't think he actually realizes this concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

he already knows. if luck weren't involved, phil would win everytime