Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2003, 02:50 AM

Default KK choke a chicken 20-40

here's a nice choke for ya. 20-40 loose stupid early morning full table. everyone knows how to play though. no passive players. maybe im passive. let's see.

tight utg openraises, stupid slob bastard fish who is not as bad as i wish he was cold calls, i 3 bet w/ KK, moron hog whore who could have any sort of Axs or pair or whatever cold calls my 3 bet, but otherwise she's generally a pretty solid player. the big blind who is filthy rich and plays okay calls. utg calls. fish calls. 5 of us.

the flop is A82 rainbow. it's checked to me and im thinking.. hmm this is nice, i dont have to worry about an overcard falling. mason malmuth told me this. im an advanced player. i will now check. it gets checked around.

the turn is a 5 or something like that rainbow. bb checks, utg bets, fish fool raises, i muck, the rest muck. utg calls.

the river is a blank and it goes check, bet, call and fish shows JJ and utg shows QQ.

anyone have anything to say other than bet the flop?
Old 07-07-2003, 02:59 AM

Default Yes

No matter what anybody says, do not change your great descriptions of the players you encounter.

DN
Old 07-07-2003, 03:00 AM

Default Re: KK choke a chicken 20-40

Hi Mike,

I just got home from my session for the night and had something very similar happen to a friend of mine in the same game. He three-bet two whackos -- who were hammering each other with hands like J5o pre-flop for 4-5 bets each -- with JJ. Both called. The flop was A9x. Checked around. The turn was a Q. Whacko 1 bet, whacko 2 raised, he folded. Whacko 1 three-bet, the other called. River was a king. Bet/call. They both had pocket tens and chopped it up.

That really has nothing to offer you in the way of advice, but I thought it was a funny coincidence. As for the hand itself...well, yeah, bet the flop, but I don't think checking is all that bad...I think you would have not felt so bad if they both showed down Axs. Then again, yeah, betting the flop sets up the rest of the hand.

-Diplomat
Old 07-07-2003, 03:26 AM

"anyone have anything to say other than bet the flop? "

Yes, re-raise the fish fool on the turn. Is not the lingo of the advanced player go something like - if you're ahead you are way ahead and if you're behind you are way behind so raise. Or do I have this all wrong?

Then, check down on the river if checked to or bet, depending on your mind-reading skills of UTG and Mr. Fish and how belligerent you feel at the moment.

Is the "moron hog whore" really ugly, or is she worth the money?

-Zeno
Old 07-07-2003, 03:56 AM

"Is the "moron hog whore" really ugly, or is she worth the money?'

oh i dont know. she's a dumb c*nt. but you know what im sure she's perfectly nice and a wonderful person and im just a sour little piece of sh*t. sigh... im just jealous cause she was cleaning up today and i was struggling so.

let's put it this way, if there's a moron on my right and a pig on my left and im sitting there in between them and theyre both doing plenty better than me, what does that make me? lol
Old 07-07-2003, 05:09 AM

"moron hog whore"

probably the funniest thing i've heard all week..
Old 07-07-2003, 06:49 AM

"Yes, re-raise the fish fool on the turn. Is not the lingo of the advanced player go something like - if you're ahead you are way ahead and if you're behind you are way behind so raise. Or do I have this all wrong?"

That's way wrong. If you're way ahead or way behind you check and/or call, b/c nothing you do will make much of a difference- you almost can't get drawn out on if you're ahead, and you save money if you're behind. The last thing you want to do is raise.

Leon
Old 07-07-2003, 06:56 AM

Mike, that's a pisser of a hand. Frankly I think most people here would have laid down on the turn. Next time post the results later or something- I don't think we'll see any of this "reraise the turn" business.

If you check this flop, you have to be prepared to call one bet on later streets b/c you invited others to take a shot. But calling a bet then a raise makes no sense- you're essentially being told someone has an ace, even if they're lying in this case. It'll cost you at least 120$ to find out. If you're going to do that I'd rather just bet the flop instead of check it, then call a double bet on the turn.

Actually I think you played fine here given your information. You don't make money with these clowns trying to guess if your KK is good in a multiway pot with an Ace on board.

"moron hog whore who could have any sort of Axs or pair or whatever cold calls my 3 bet, but otherwise she's generally a pretty solid player."

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Nice. I love it. Other than being a loose as hell player, she's generally pretty solid.

Leon
Old 07-07-2003, 01:56 PM

anyone have anything to say other than bet the flop?

Fold on the turn.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the correction Leon.

-Zeno