Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Ugghhhh.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Preflop: 3 limpers to me...Thought about folding, but I think calling is OK. Raised behind me - crap.....autocall with everyone coming along for the ride.

Flop: Pretty sure I'm behind, but I have outs

Turn: Now I have a flush draw along with my other outs

River: Got my flush, but with two bets before me I'm probably beat with a higher flush.

Help on all streets.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Ugghhhh.

I think the most questionable part of this is the river overcall. On the flop, your thinking isn't totally great. I think there's a great chance you have the best hand, but you could consider waiting to the turn to raise. Once you're at the turn, though, I don't like raising because you can't fold to a 3bet.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:59 PM

You probably have UTG+1 beat, SB seems to have AA or KK probably with the heart but perhaps not, I can't see a lot you can do here really. Rough assed hand, with huge pot odds on every street.

Mack
Old 11-28-2005, 07:02 PM

*grunch*
I play the same preflop.

I raise the flop to see where I am. He could be betting out with middle pair for information, etc. His donk bet doesn't tell us much. If he 3-bets, I think I fold the turn unimproved.

I don't much care for your outs to a flush. Once-card flushes made with the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] just don't seem likely to hold up. If the fourth [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is higher than your T, you have 3 out of 8 cards that make you a loser and all three are likely to have been held on to preflop.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:04 PM

Here are my thoughts...looks like a LOT of calling.

Flop: why not raise here? Top pair vs flush and straight draw out there...think you should raise. Maybe SB is pushing through AK here. Use the SB as your partner and hope he three-bets it to force the draws out. Then if you hit your two pair or flush draw, it has a better chance of being good.

Turn: Since two players folded, you can probably just call. Maybe raise here as well? You still have top pair. Again, maybe SB is pushing AK.

River: Must call. Folding for one BB with a flush at 14:1 odds is just stupid IMO. This would be a case of making a disastrous fold if your hand is good (SB may have black Aces, UTG may have top pair/two pair/set w/o a heart, who knows?)

ScottieK
Old 11-28-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*
I play the same preflop.

I raise the flop to see where I am. He could be betting out with middle pair for information, etc. His donk bet doesn't tell us much. If he 3-bets, I think I fold the turn unimproved.

I don't much care for your outs to a flush. Once-card flushes made with the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] just don't seem likely to hold up. If the fourth [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is higher than your T, you have 3 out of 8 cards that make you a loser and all three are likely to have been held on to preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that everything I've bolded is quite wrong, and shows a lot of important misunderstandings about the game. Why do you think SB has a middle pair? Why don't you think the 4th nuts will ever take the pot? Why should we fold the turn in a gigantic pot UI when we hold top frickin' pair?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:09 PM

Im calling down with this hand. Its is scary that SB raised preflop possibly showing a higher heart than you, but there are 9 weaker cards and only 3 other hearts he may have that might beat you(excluding the Q)
Old 11-28-2005, 07:30 PM

Results:

UTG +1 shows J/3 off (Jack of hearts)
SB shows K/K (King of hearts)
Old 11-28-2005, 07:53 PM

I'm not sure what a raise on any street would accomplish for me.

With the PF raiser betting into such a large field on the flop I think we can rule out A/K and put him on a big pocket pair. Let's go ahead and raise when it gets to us. SB likely will 3 bet and then the field is facing 2 bets. In my mind I have a drawing hand and I want as many players coming for the ride as possible and I suspect a probable 3 bet by the SB does not accomplish this goal.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:01 PM

I don't see what else you could have done here.
Just keep in mind that you don't have to win anywhere near half of these pots to turn a profit.

Though saving one bb on the river(with a read) in these situation can really add up bigtime.