Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Why aren\'t you better?

I agree with almost everything thats been posted thus far. Hard work, understanding bubble play, mastering bubble play, more hard work and playing all contribute.

There is an aspect of luck involved as well, particularly when you consider the 800 chip games on Party. That aspect of luck may and probably is small, but it can certainly seperate a player with a good win rate from a player with a great winrate, even over 1000s of games.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:36 PM

so how many people who have here determined reasons they're not better are actually going to go out and carpe diem this [censored] and fix it?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's your point?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's merely pointing out that curtains is weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I will CRUSH all those who think I'm weak-tight. that's so dumb. I hate you. I hate you all. so like, drapes is doing laundry right now. you all know I can't do it because I hate doing laundry and gave up my World Champ laundry belt to Yugo some time back. See, because she's doing my laundry right now I can't vent to her about how all these online idiots think I'm weak-tight. THE OUTRAGE....ridiculous. I can't believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

- something else curtains might say

Yugoslav
Old 11-28-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
balls. the bigger yer balls, the better u do in poker. ok the diff between a great 109er that struggles in the 215s and a great 215er that pwns everything is pretty simple. PERFECT bubble play. and i mean perfect. no mistakes. not occasionally making a -ev shove, occasionally letting someone keep their bb when u dont wanna shove 23o, etc. perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my so far limited experience, this is also the case in the $109s..
Old 11-28-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
balls. the bigger yer balls, the better u do in poker. ok the diff between a great 109er that struggles in the 215s and a great 215er that pwns everything is pretty simple. PERFECT bubble play. and i mean perfect. no mistakes. not occasionally making a -ev shove, occasionally letting someone keep their bb when u dont wanna shove 23o, etc. perfect. perfect early game. this means not folding AQ from the bb on lvl 2 to a SINGLE raise to 90. this means being able to play a flop, turn, and river well. this means implementing cash game strategies to gain chips in the early stages of the stt. thats really all there is to it. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

no one in the world plays perfect poker. no one.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The general theme of this post reminds me of a poster that a teacher of mine in high school had:

Many have the will to succeed, but far fewer have the willingness to do what it takes to succeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Also, going from breakeven at the 11s to a medium winner at the 109s is similar to going from there to a significant 215s winner.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this means not folding AQ from the bb on lvl 2 to a SINGLE raise to 90.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't curtains do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

hows he runnin lately? holla
Old 11-28-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's your point?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's merely pointing out that curtains is weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes saying that curtains is a very good player and winner at the 215s. im not saying its not possible to do well, but he would do better if he opened up his early game, and he knows it. holla
Old 11-28-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
balls. the bigger yer balls, the better u do in poker. ok the diff between a great 109er that struggles in the 215s and a great 215er that pwns everything is pretty simple. PERFECT bubble play. and i mean perfect. no mistakes. not occasionally making a -ev shove, occasionally letting someone keep their bb when u dont wanna shove 23o, etc. perfect. perfect early game. this means not folding AQ from the bb on lvl 2 to a SINGLE raise to 90. this means being able to play a flop, turn, and river well. this means implementing cash game strategies to gain chips in the early stages of the stt. thats really all there is to it. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are people that play perfect sng poker. holla
Old 11-28-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are people that play perfect sng poker. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Insert picture of the owl saying "O RLY?".