Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Does anyone think the Cowboys are gonna be really good?

Cause I have to admit...I do. I live in Dallas but HATE the Cowboys with deep and unbridled passion. I grew up in Houston and my Dad and I still rooted for the 'Boys until they fired Landry the way they did. But I haven't liked them at ALL ever since. JSYK this is coming from a Texans fan.

But when I take an honest look at Dallas, man - they actually look pretty scary to me. Their defense was already talented before you add the preseason rookie of the year DeMarcus Ware to the bunch. Julius Jones looks like an absolute beast of a running back, and running in Parcells' system seems a perfect fit. The O-line is quite decent, and when you really break it down, the receiver corps isn't bad -- Keyshawn and Jason Witten as punishing possession receivers...Terry Glenn and Peerless Price using speed to stretch defenses. Yeah, Bledsoe's not fantastic...but we've seen teams without fantastic quarterbacks do quite well with a good RB and defense. I dunno, something deep down in my gut says this team just might be for real. I think the 15-1 odds against them to win the NFC is a decent bet, but the over 8.5 wins seems to be a really good bet.

Not that I'm asking for betting advice in this forum...but just generally about the Cowboys. What do you guys think?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Does anyone think the Cowboys are gonna be really good?

Under 8 wins.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:27 AM

If you wanna do a straight up bet over/under 8 wins for the Cowboys, I'll take the over for up to 300 bucks. Lemme know.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you wanna do a straight up bet over/under 8 wins for the Cowboys, I'll take the over for up to 300 bucks. Lemme know.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. 8's a push. How do we set up payment. I don't know you so I guess prepayment with a neutral party is best. I recommend 2+2's own Ed Miller as the 3rd party. Shall we both paypal him the $300 and have him remit the $600 to the winner when the bet is decided?
Old 09-10-2005, 03:19 PM

Wont win week 1 thats for sure.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:36 PM

Wildcard.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. 8's a push. How do we set up payment. I don't know you so I guess prepayment with a neutral party is best. I recommend 2+2's own Ed Miller as the 3rd party. Shall we both paypal him the $300 and have him remit the $600 to the winner when the bet is decided?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay...I don't know 2+2's Ed Miller, either (I mean, I know who he is, but I know nothing about him other than what I've read in SSHE and I've never met him). Obviously, you're more known on this board than I am...but I've got another bet going with bugstud at the moment, who I was happy to simply trust and him me. I don't know that I'm comfortable pre-sending my bet for holding to anyone I've never met in any way, to be honest. I say we both save this thread and pull it out when the bet is decided to shame the other into payment, if necessary (not that I actually believe it would be). Then we can make payment via a major poker site where we both have accounts, or via PayPal, Neteller, FirePay, etc. Ultimately, I'm saying I trust you to be honorable to your bet, moreso than I trust sending money upfront to someone I don't know personally. How does this sound?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:40 PM

C'mon, dude. If you can't trust Ed Miller, who can you trust?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, dude. If you can't trust Ed Miller, who can you trust?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller is someone I do not know...I've never had any interaction with him, either in-person or on this site. My opponent, it seems, definitely does have a relationship with Ed. I got burned once, very badly, by trusting the wrong people with my money in a sports gambling situation (and it cost me 5 figures), and I am simply not sending 300 bucks (which to me at the moment is now 6 units) to someone who I don't know...especially someone I don't know but my opponent clearly does. I'm sure Ed is trustworthy and cool and all...it's just that having no experience with him, I can't really know that. I don't have any problems with the bet, but I do have problems with pre-sending my bet to a person I've never met. I'll leave it to Clarkmeister to make his own decisions on how he wishes to proceed.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:55 PM

Well, the thing is that since I have no clue who you are, I'm more at risk than you due to the fact that so many here do know who I am. I figured that having one of the administrators of this site as a 3rd party would work since anything other than 100% completion on his end would be unacceptible in everyone's eyes. If that doesn't work, I'll have to pass. Good luck with the Cowboys this year, I hate the team but love Parcells.