Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Is Party skimming?

I've been playing online since March, use PT and have noticed a near-daily disparity in results. I keep a handwritten record of the results for each table as a double-check of Party and PT. PT will show a given table session as $1 more profit than Party showed it was when I left the table. Not every time, but it's also not the other direction, i.e. PT doesn't show less profit.

This isn't the same as when I've gotten disconnected and lost some data. I just wanted to run this through the zoo and see if others have noticed the same thing. Also, to ask if others double-check their results or just assume PT and Party's records actually sync-up.

Perhaps there's a simple explanation. I'm not trying to start another version of the "party is rigged" thread as I have reasonable confidence in the game itself, but skimming in gambling operations is historically one of the most common corruptions. It would seem a simple matter to program in random snatches of a dollar here and there from pots. How would anyone know? If no one else is seeing this, then perhaps it's some glitch on my system. I hope so, but these little dollars are beginning to add up; I'm down about $100 after three months and I'm only single-tabling. Thanks for any insights.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Is Party skimming?

Note that you have to stay to the end of a hand for Party to write it to the hard drive. If you're leaving immediately after a blind, that could cause the problem. (You're paying the $1, but don't get a hand history so it doesn't import into PT.)
Old 06-04-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep a handwritten record of the results for each table as a double-check of Party and PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHA

what a total waste. you are insane.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:20 PM

I would notice $2 missing at the end of some of my days when I first started. This would happen when I would try to leave before the blinds when I was on the button and the hand just ended. Make sure you are dealt out of the hand and the "I Am Back" button is showing. Hasn't happened since.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I keep a handwritten record of the results for each table as a double-check of Party and PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHA

what a total waste. you are insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the same guy who picks up pennies off the street and collects old soda cans?

Blackjack
Old 06-04-2005, 02:52 PM

Never had that happen on Party. It did happen several times on PokerRoom, though. It was always $0.25 or $0.50 here or there.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:14 PM

yeah, skimming is where the real money is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never had that happen on Party. It did happen several times on PokerRoom, though. It was always $0.25 or $0.50 here or there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! PokerRoom rounds to the nearest dollar. The account balance at the bottom of the screen says $284. But when I check the "my account" website, it says I have $283.50.

As if that's not bad enough, I noticed the amount I have at the table is also rounded sometimes. Very annoying.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:56 PM

I see I provided some amusement to the little boys who responded with sophomoric humor. Thanks again to the other respondents.

As to the sarcasm: "skimming is where the real money is," I find that attitude remarkably ignorant. Party has dealt over two billion hands. If they skimmed $1 out of 10%that's $200,000,000 of pure profit. Yeah, that wouldn't motivate anyone. Besides, skimming often isn't done by the company itself, but by someone in management who sees a way to divert the money.

Anyway, I wasn't saying they were skimming; I was only asking if others had noticed a discrepancy. Apparently, lots of folks probably aren't really keeping track. Some think it's petty. Well, I'm interested in the phenomenon itself (corruption opportunities when there's billions of dollars moving through a pipeline). I guess those thinking it's petty might also think raising the rake a buck would be petty.

Whatever the discrepancies, they probably are just glitches like the other posters suggested, but it's hardly farfetched that with all that money pouring into offshore accounts somebody is thinking hard about how to grab part of it. Look how hard some people work to get extra bets, design bots, data mine, etc. etc., and the results from that is just chump change compared to what Party processes in a single hour.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:21 PM

Anurak Dikshit would find the culprit in no time.