Default Re: Telling a girl you have an STD

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I didn't have a partner. I got herpes from a
tractor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving or taking?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:32 PM

Girls with herpes are easy. Welcome to pussyland.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I didn't have a partner. I got herpes from a
tractor.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. great episode
Old 11-27-2005, 03:52 PM

http://www.herpes-date.com
Old 11-27-2005, 04:45 PM

Being up front about this is the best thing you can do for you and your girl. I wish the general population was more like you.

I contracted herpes from a guy who I had unprotected sex with, and who didn't tell me ahead of time that he had it. If he had told me ahead of time, I would have had sex with him with a condom (provided that he wasn't having an outbreak, of course).

I told my next three partners that I had herpes. I told them once I felt that they would be discreet about it. I told them when we had enough knowledge of each other that we were intelligent and good people. All three were interested in me for who I was, not for the sexual being that I am. All three slept with me (with condoms).

I was TERRIFIED of telling them. I felt like they would shun me. I was afraid of anyone knowing. The stigma attached to herpes is awful. But it is so unfounded. It's not the end of the world. Life goes on. There are many more important qualities to desire in a partner than worrying about whether or not they have herpes.

My third partner is my current long term partner. We have been together going on three years. We had protected sex for about a year and a half, and have had unprotected sex for the next year and a half. He has never contracted the disease. We are VERY careful. At any inkling of an outbreak, we have no sex. This can mean a day, three days, fourteen days, whatever it takes. (I do pleasure him in other ways during this time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

This does not mean that he will never contract it. There is always a chance of transmission, regardless of whether or not an outbreak is occurring. Even with a condom (but that is extremely rare.) But we plan to be together for life, and he is very informed about the risk that he is taking, and he loves me and if he gets it... well then he gets it. Not gonna be the end of his world.

Couple more things about your post and some of the responses:
1) The herpes test is reliable. You need a different doctor.
2) One in four PEOPLE have herpes, not just one in four women. Same for genital warts.
3) Herpes does not just happen to promiscuous people.
4) There are herpes dating sites. This may be for you but it is not the be-all end-all.
5) I would highly recommend searching google and going to some of the herpes support sites. There is a lot of info on how to tell your partner. There is a lot of info about the different types of herpes and the different ways to contract or transmit it.

Best of luck to you.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:48 PM

its gonhorrea jackass
Old 11-27-2005, 04:50 PM

abcdefg you should be proud of that post and not have made it under a throwaway handle
Old 11-27-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's basically equivalent to having cold sores.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
wait you can get genital herpes by getting head from girls who also have genital herpes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm frequently stunned by how little many people know about STDs.

1) Cold sores are essentially oral herpes*. The herpes simplex virus can be trasmitted through sex (genital to genital), oral sex (oral to genital, or vice versa) and kissing (oral to oral). Go down on someone with genital herpes, and you are at risk for contracting oral herpes -- aka cold sores. If someone with cold sores goes down on someone else, they may give that person genital herpes.

No, someone with genital herpes cannot give someone else genital herpes through oral sex. It doesn't work that way.

2) Don't confuse cold sores with canker sores. Cold sores are lesions on the face near or on the mouth. Canker sores are tiny ulcers inside the mouth which are not contagious, and are most likely heredity, brought on by a variety of things (stress, food allergies, etc). I regularly get canker sores and remember being scared as [censored] when I was about 15 because I thought I somehow got herpes. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

As for the OP, it's my understanding (no firsthand knowledge) that herpes is a manageable disease if you take proper precautions -- like other people have said, use protection, no sex during an outbreak, etc. It's something your girl should know about before you start with anything physical, though. There's still a risk of contracting it and she may not be invested in the relationship to the point where she's willing to take that risk.

* Note: cold sores and genital herpes are actually two different types of herpes simplex virus, but they can be transmitted either way as described above.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Girls with herpes are easy. Welcome to pussyland.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL 4 real
Old 11-27-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Telling a girl you have an STD (pictures)

If I had this disease I would probably kill myself.

http://herpes-coldsores.com/std/herpes_pictures.htm