Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: ($11) QQ hand, good/bad/ugly?

[ QUOTE ]
i see the bottom part now. but why put him on KQ? how likely is the case Q hitting the flop? why put him on ANY hand? all u know is he open limped pf in lp, then called a raise. he probably does have some kind of mid PP, but really it's an $11 and you don't know what he has here. as for the flop open push, def. a bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I entirely agree.. push is just total overkill. As for "he won't have JT because he called a raise". ROFL at an $11 they could have absolutely anything here. Anything. The play is awful. I'd bet 2/3rds pot and go from there.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet 2/3rds pot and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2005, 09:34 AM

Do y our opinions change on this if the board is all 1 suit? I had a similar situation like this yesterday, sorry I don't have the hand history. I had KK in SB. I raised to 400, blinds are 50/100 and there was 1 limper in front. Limper called. I had about 1100 chips left after the initial bet pre-flop. Flop is K/9/8 all diamonds. Villain has me covered. Hero?
Old 11-27-2005, 09:35 AM

In that situation I would push, to protect my hand, and also because if behind, I have many outs to come back. Also, you will be called by the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] often.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:41 AM

The blinds are bigger and the pot is already bigger in this hand than original post, so pushing is good. You shouldn't be afraid of the flush when HU.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In that situation I would push, to protect my hand, and also because if behind, I have many outs to come back. Also, you will be called by the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was the naked 10 diamonds (Qc/10d) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

I did push, he called of course and diamond spiked on the river. I just wanted to be sure my play was correct given the situation. Thx!
Old 11-27-2005, 10:11 AM

You made the right play, his call was atrocious