Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Bluffing Ratio

i think it is all in the defintion of big bluff. if you call pushing all-in on the river with nothing a big bluff.... then i only average one per tournament i'd say.

on the other hand i make a continuation bet on every hand where i have the betting lead before the flop. i take lots of pots that way. i don't think those are big bluffs, but they are bluffs technically. at this point that play feels so routine to me that i don't even feel like i'm bluffing, i feel just the same as i would if bet half the pot with top pair.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Bluffing Ratio

I wasn't really trying to define anything as a ratio per se, but wanted a better idea of what kind of bluffs people are using randomly - by randomly, I mean in spots where you cannot tell for certain what the other player has, but the texture of the flop and the bet size, given the type of player, gives you a reason to beleive that you can take the pot away, but there is not necessarily a reason to be bluffing either due to recent hands, table image, chip stack and other factors.