Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: best PT overlay program? GameTime+, PokerAce Hud, Playerview?

In my opinion? Keep in mind this is biased [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The reason I developed PA Hud was because GT+ didn't suit my needs. I like being able to independantly place each stat on the window. I like being able to customize each stat separately, especially with color coding based on the value of the stats.

I also need to have support for multiple databases, as well as automatically finding my tables. I hated having to wait for hands to import into PokerTracker before having stats.

Another big plus people seem to like is the mucked cards option. PA Hud can automatically display the hands players muck at showdown. This saves you the hassle of having to open the hand history window yourself.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:23 PM

Everything.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and give Amir and CT credit for starting the craze

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong but that credit should go to Kross and Gametime+ since I believe it was around for quite a while before Playerview ever came to be.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't claim to know definitively, but I first became aware of the idea when Amir created a thread here last October/November suggesting the concept. Many people were interested and quite a few mocked-up screen shots were posted in the thread. CT got involved somewhere along the way and a working beta was in service the day before Thanksgiving. Amir literally worked 'round the clock on releasing bug fixes during those days.

I didn't become aware of GT+ till several weeks after all this and never used it extensively.

PA-HUD is the best yet, IMO.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:07 PM

anyone got a link to the website? and is this banned in any way by party?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:02 AM

I have to say, having just tried PA HUD after using GT+ extensively, that PA is the way to go.

Postive factors:
It doesn't seem to slow my system down at all
You don't need to play a hand to get 'preview' numbers
MOST IMPORTANTLY. the automatic display of losing hands at showdown feature rocks.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:56 AM

I think it depends. If you have a straight choice between GT+ and PAH (say on Party) then I agree that PAH is the better product. But the latest version of GT+ is catching up (IMHO) and if you're playing on UB it has a very nice "prefetch" feature that grabs hand histories - no need to wait for your datamining!

So I'd have both and use which one's best for the particular situation.

Paul
Old 08-23-2005, 10:35 AM

PA HUD just rocks. Never had any troubles with it. Only feature I missed at launch was a decent layout manager, copying one seats design to other seats would have been nifty. (This might be in now, after working for a couple of hours I haven't changed my layout.)

No memory leak, no huge disk access bursts, no mini-freezes. It just runs. Smoothly.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:50 PM

seat copying is in now, and I like PA A LOT.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:50 PM

Been using gt+ and PA for a few weeks. I'm now only using PA. Very similar in what they do. A few differences:

Interface: PA (at least with PS) is slicker in the way it displays the summary stats next to the players on the table. They both show similar data though (minor edge to PA). GT+ shows more details when you move the cursor over the summary stats, PA shows the stats when you click on the player name. Pretty similar but it's a bit easier in GT+.

Finding Tables: this is the biggest functionality difference. In GT+ you hit a '+' button and it shows you the tables you have open to select from assuming you have PT set to auto import and it has already done so for at least one hand on each open table that you want to import. PA actually is able to figure out that you have tables open and automatically set up the stats so as long as you have it running, there is nothing manual you have to do. You also do not need to have PT running to see historic stats since it is able to read them directly from the hand histories on your system. However, if you don't have PT going and doing the auto imports it will not update the stats from the current play.

Mucked hands: great feature of PA, GT+ doesn't have it. If you want to see mucked hands normally you have to go to the hand histories. However, in PA it will automatically show you the mucked hands for about 5 seconds after the hand is over. It superimposes the mucked cards and the board cards over the table. Really cool, but it would be great if they add a feature for the user to keep the cards on the screen for a while in case they miss the cards (it happens pretty fast). I requested this and the developer says it's in the works.

Seeing your own stats: In GT+ it's pretty easy to view your own stats on the table from your current session. I like to do this to see how others at the table perceive my play. When you're multi-tabling your not always sure how you're doing at any one table. PA has this feature, but I cannot get it to work.

Compatibility: Only use it on PS, so not sure how they work on other programs.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing your own stats: In GT+ it's pretty easy to view your own stats on the table from your current session. I like to do this to see how others at the table perceive my play. When you're multi-tabling your not always sure how you're doing at any one table. PA has this feature, but I cannot get it to work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Select the stat you want to see in layout manager and check the 'show mine' box. It'll drop the stat (e.g., V$ME) on the upper left corner of the layout - you'll have to place it manually.

Again, thanks everyone for steering me to PA Hud. It rocks.

Pasta