Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Bubble Hand

[ QUOTE ]
**bump**

Come on, you wimps. This is a difficult hand (I think). What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a hard hand. I fold. And swear the SB.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:11 PM

I reluctantly move in. If you win this pot you have nearly the same stack as chip leader. Whereas if you fold you likely bust before the Button anyway, the button only has to win one pot in the next 4 hands. And the SB really could do this with any two.

If the SB had a monster like an over pair I doubt he'd bet the flop - he wants you to try to take a stab at it. so really what you are worried about is a hand like 87o. But I think the SB could easily do this with like J2o also.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:34 PM

Yeah, I close my eyes and push here too. Sucks to still be losing to lots of mid-PPs, but this could be A7, X2, or two broadway or whatever. I like my chances better here than the chance that button will lose his random all in on the blind or he wins and then you win yours. If he calls with a 8, suckout...
Old 06-15-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he calls with a 8, suckout...

[/ QUOTE ] Bingo. We have a winner.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:00 PM

I move in, nobody can assure u they will take the small stack out, a min bet is indicating weakness IMO.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you do next hand in SB with T700? I understand what is being said about button, but this looks to setup the situation where you have T700 UTG and he is essentially all in blind. You're essentially putting your life in him randomly losing or you randomly winning the following hand, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's worse than that. I will almost certainly have to fold the next two hands, so I have to rely on the other 2 stacks to take out the small stack.

The next hand: I have 700 chips after posting. The button folds. I have zero folding equity. I fold.

The hand after that. The button has 35 chips after posting. The bet comes to me before it comes to the button. If I go all-in and am called by the big stack between us (as I should be), he can fold into third place. So again I will have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is very good analysis. i like a push.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:46 PM

this is a tough hand and on first glance I thought fold but now my LAG self pushes. I just don't think that its worth folding this gamble to gamble that the other SS busts before you. With a hand this close, I think that smaller points are important too and little has been said so far about the stack sizes. Unless the SS goes all in, if you win then next hand you will get to push any two against UTG (who will be BB) and will be set up to bully the rest of the table into 1st place.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:51 PM

I would push. The minbet from him is what I expect him to do pretty much all the time. Win this hand and you have a realistic chance at 1st. Besides small stack always seems to get their luckbox working every time I try to fold myself ITM.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:11 PM

I agree you shouldn't fold but since you seem to have no FE vs SB here, what about a call, leaving you with 400? Even if SB is bluffing, he will probably call the push, but may not bet again. If he doesn't and you lose the hand, you're still alive, forcing shortie to win in his blinds. If he does bet, you have another decision because you can still survive the small blind.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:57 PM

push