Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 12:58 PM

Default plain dumb turn c/r bluff or pretty nice?

Party $1/$2 6max

can't dig up the hand history, but it was pretty simple. a loose/passive guy (nothing special, he seemed to call with whatever part of the flop and fold without it) limped EP, everyone folded to BB (me) with 63o. flop came like K5x something. i check, he checks. turn is a 4, giving me an open-ender. i check, he bets. now, i obviously figure he missed everything and is just stealing, so i check-raise him. is this +EV, or is it just dumb to get fancy on such a small pot?

i realise that this hand is no big deal, but i feel that it would be a good thing to improve my play on the small pots.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: plain dumb turn c/r bluff or pretty nice?

Technically, 1/2 goes in the microlimit forum. Here, I don't mind a semibluff turn lead, depending on how loose we're talking.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: plain dumb turn c/r bluff or pretty nice?

Loose/passives don't usually bet to steal the pot, even HU against the big blind. So if he's betting, that probably means he has a hand that he'll go to showdown with...even if it's something like A high or a paired 4. He will certainly call your turn c/r often enough to make it -EV.

I'd much rather lead the turn, with the intention of check/folding the river UI if he calls.