Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Fantasy: A. Lelie

I'm pretty pissed at him for this week's performance, but don't really know anything about Denver's offense. Did he just have an off week or what? Ricky Proehl is available, and as a long time Rams fan, I really like him, but again, I don't know how he fits in Carolina's offense.

Also, it sucks that I had to make a new thread for this, but I didn't see any FF Trades/Waivers thread in the first 20.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Fantasy: A. Lelie

I've got Lelie too. Fact of the matter is, he's Denver's best WR. I have a feeling this was just an off week for their entire team, especially since they seem so unsure at RB for the first time in god knows how long.

I intend to keep him around, and he's certainly a better option than Ricky Proehl.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:09 PM

He'll be OK. Just a little inconsistent, as most WRs are. Will probably put up 800-1100 yards and 5-10 TDs, like usual. I have him on my bench also.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:10 PM

I have lelie as well and will keep him around for a little bit. Luckily, I was able to ride jeff wilkins foot and culpeppers fumbles/ints to victory week 1. I would keep lelie over proehl anyways.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:19 PM

Lelie is super talented and only in his third yr. he should keep improving. only weakness may be plummer at qb. no way you can drop for the below avg. phroel.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:55 PM

If this guy doesn't break out this year can we finally call him a bust? I mean, he's a decent to solid #2 or #3 WR, but he hasn't shown me anything that indicates he'll ever be a top option.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:20 PM

I'm a Broncos fan and I saw parts of the game this Sunday. Lelie had his opportunites but blew two golden chances for TDs. On one play, Plummer scrambled around and Lelie after at first coming back to him reversed field and had several steps on his man with no one behind him. But when Plummer threw Lelie inexplicably misjudged it or something and turned back as if it was going to be short and the pass must have gone ten yards over his head. Maybe he misjudged Plummer's arm strength, I don't know. If he had just kept running it was either a TD or an overthrow but I'd have bet on the TD.

Then later Denver had it inside the 10 and Miami jumped offside, giving a free play, and Lelie got himself open in the end zone and then stone dropped a perfect pass. Later he did make one real tough catch though I think.

You definitely don't want to cut him (or anyone else) for Ricky Proehl - he's not a starter for Carolina and if Rod Gardner is healthy he probably isn't even the #3 guy (he didn't catch a pass yesterday with Gardner inactive).
Old 09-12-2005, 09:03 PM

calling a guy a bust who had over 1050 yds and averaged 17 a catch last yr is crazy
Old 09-12-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fact of the matter is, he's Denver's best WR.

[/ QUOTE ]

In what dream world? He's always touted as "up and coming", but he's still not better than decrepid old Rod Smith, will likely finish behind him *again* in receptions this year, and is basically a big soft pansy who can only run fly routes. Even with Rod being 36 he still can't outperform him. It's sad really.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He'll be OK. Just a little inconsistent, as most WRs are. Will probably put up 800-1100 yards and 5-10 TDs, like usual. I have him on my bench also.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Like usual"

Here's usual, as much as usual can be determined since he's only had 3 seasons (this is his 4th).

Rec - Yards - TD
35 - 525 - 2
37 - 628 - 2
54 - 1,084 - 7

And he was the #2 WR in each of those years alongside Rod Smith. It's not like he's been hurting for playing time. He's an ok #2 for an NFL team, which makes him an ok #3 fantasy WR, even considering his omnipresent "upside".