Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Heading down to Venice Beach

Any recommondations for places to play while I'm in Venice Beach for Labor Day weekend?
Old 08-25-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Heading down to Venice Beach

See this thread.

Venice is right next to Marina Del Rey, so the same advice applies for the most part, except you'll be a little bit farther from Hollywood Park & Hustler, and depending upon your route and time of day, possibly a bit closer to Bicycle and Commerce.

p.s. If you are interested in a PL home game, you might try PM'ing limon although I dunno how often he's been checking 2+2 lately. I guess you could also PM me if you don't get a response. I'm not really sure how many people are lined up for this weekend, though.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:20 PM

..."(Venice is) possibly a bit closer to Bicycle and Commerce"???

Please re-read your map! I used to live in Venice. Hollywood Park is the closest by far, and probably your most profitable choice, if you don't get upset by rudeness. Take the Marina Fwy (Rte 90 - never congested) to the 405 to Century East. If the 405 is a mess, take Sepulveda down to Century.

The Hustler would be the second closest, it's nicer, although there aren't as many tables/choices. I did sit at a 3-6 HE table with R. Crumb there once!

If you are interested in a potlimit/$100 buy-in/$1-2 blinds home game n of downtown (40 mins drive from Venice) on Sunday eves, email Abe at radio879@hotmail.com.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:27 PM

Thanks for the advice.

I fly down Thursday and will be looking for day games as I will be a bit, well, tipsy anytime after 9 PM [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]