Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu - will you ever win again?

Well he doesn't play any small tournaments anymore as they mean nothing and he can't focus on them enough when the first place prize isn't really worth it in many of the 1k or 2k buyins. These tournament fields are HUUUUGE. Lots of these 10k tournaments these days now have 400-500 people at least. Pretty hard making it to the final 6 or 9 of these. Without a doubt he's involved with other business dealings that probably does distract him from playing. He's a very smart person to get on the business side of these dealings. So is Hellmuth. Hellmuth says he's the best etc, we know he isn't and isn't close. But he will make more $ with all his [censored] he has out ( I really can't stand most of it but hey there gonna sell ) than you could ever make at the green felt. Also when you play in a cash game that high, it's hard to take a lot of tournaments seriously. It's just like playing a 2/4 or 3/6 NL game and then entering a 30-50 dollar buyin tournament. Your not going to be as hungry as you would if you were playing in a .25/.50 cent game. I admit I am getting tired of reading his blog lately. All his non poker [censored] he writes isn't exciting. I wish more of the highest limit players would write a blog about there experiences in that game.