Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 11:15 AM

Default The right CALL?

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: The right CALL?

Bets, you would never want this checked through and may get lucky with CO raising.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:20 AM

Unless you have a passive / loose read on the table, I don't htink calling with A9s UTG is worthwhile.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you have a passive / loose read on the table, I don't htink calling with A9s UTG is worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do it all the time. And if it is folded to me with A9s in MP or later I raise. I also use A9s as an isolation hand if there is one loose limper ahead of me.

KO

P.S. It is true on a very tight/aggro table I wouldn't... but 80% of the tables I play on are pretty loose, and fairly passive. And this hand was from .25/.50, so the percentage is probably higher.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:32 AM

Bet, CO just raised i doubt he'll fold to a possible flush [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Make him pay if he raises (Muhahahahah).

dont call A9s UTG unless you've got a good table read! And even then, Someone might raise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KO - Yeh nice hand to isolate with or blind steal, but calling UTG IMO isnt to great.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:37 AM

Wow. I play Axs where x &gt; 7 from just about every position, except against a raise in front. Any table too tight to play it, even if it's raised to my left, is too tight to play, IMO.

You did notice that there was a poster, right? I poster in EP, no less? Folding this preflop is a pretty big mistake, methinks.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

donk-bettarooni...hope CO isn't paying attention and raises again.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet, CO just raised i doubt he'll fold to a possible flush [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Make him pay if he raises (Muhahahahah).

dont call A9s UTG unless you've got a good table read! And even then, Someone might raise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KO - Yeh nice hand to isolate with or blind steal, but calling UTG IMO isnt to great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would need a good table read to NOT play it, honestly.

KO
Old 09-16-2005, 11:42 AM

What stakes do you do this at?

I think A(7+) can get many people in messy situations(Specially when they hit an ace), Or if its raised ahead of them and an ace flops.

Depends on post flop skills i suppose.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:47 AM

This is a reasonable limp at most tables. And the turn is a donktacular bet.