Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: where do you win? limit or NL

Winning playing poker?....I cant even remember what that used to feel like.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Not even close...............No Limit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find that luck plays a bigger factor in limit. like the above poster said, you cannot punish calling stations or chasers, and alot of times they out draw you, which could be devistating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whereas when they draw out on you in NL, they apologize and kindly return your stack.

Actually, I like both games - they present very different challenges. You'll win more at whichever game you're better at, not surprisingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

in limit, if you put someone on a draw, all you can do is bet the minimum amount and hope they fold or dont make their hand on the river. in NL you can bet the pot, thus denying them correct pot odds to call.

You might be right about having different skill sets for both. i have read many books, and i just cant figure out how you can be a consistant winner in limit. maybe its the limits i play (2/4 3/6).
Old 09-27-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NL ring games are terrifyingly boring. Limit ring games are much more gooder..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the limit games are much better as well (but i dont think they are more gooder )
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NL ring games are terrifyingly boring. Limit ring games are much more gooder..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the limit games are much better as well (but i dont think I understand when someone is joking around )
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

For what it's worth, as an editorial assistant, I'm one of the biggest grammar sticklers you'll ever meet.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:13 PM

I tend to win limit online, but NL live. I don't like to mix and match the two. Is that wierd?

...hmmmm... but you did ask for consistent winners... so perhaps you should disregard this post... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find that luck plays a bigger factor in limit. like the above poster said, you cannot punish calling stations or chasers, and alot of times they out draw you, which could be devistating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whereas when they draw out on you in NL, they apologize and kindly return your stack.

Actually, I like both games - they present very different challenges. You'll win more at whichever game you're better at, not surprisingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

in limit, if you put someone on a draw, all you can do is bet the minimum amount and hope they fold or dont make their hand on the river. in NL you can bet the pot, thus denying them correct pot odds to call.

You might be right about having different skill sets for both. i have read many books, and i just cant figure out how you can be a consistant winner in limit. maybe its the limits i play (2/4 3/6).

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i suggest moving up. Then you will be a consistent winner
Old 09-27-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i suggest moving up. Then you will be a consistent winner

[/ QUOTE ]

This is reverse logic. It's very, very easy to be a consistent winner at the lower limits. Much easier than at higher limits. You want those loose calls in limit hold 'em. Granted, you will be the victim of a lot of suckouts, but if you play consistent, aggressive, mathematical poker, you'll win more than enough to counteract these bad beats. I think NL players have a harder time transitioning to limit than vice versa. I think it's because NL players don't understand how well timed a bluff in limit has to be. They assume they can play the same style that they do in NL. I believe limit players habitually play a better NL game than NL players play limit...
Old 09-27-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For you guys that are consistant winners. Do you win on NL or Limit tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can find your answer one of two ways:

(1) Use the ever-evasive search function and read the other thousand or so posts that have already been made on this very subject.

OR

(2) You can wait 'till next week, when someone else starts another brand new thread on the the exact same fcking subject.

Edit: As if you've been registered here since 2003....

Adam
Old 09-27-2005, 09:54 PM

NL sucks because when they suck out on you you might lose your whole stack. In limit when they suck out on you it won't be as costly.