Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Argument - 2 people against 1 dog

My friend and I are having a disagreement.

He comes into the house today and says that he and his other friend have decided that pitted against a dog they could beat it (kill it/maim it/whatever). Any dog in the world.

They are both 21 and with an athletic build, but by not means are they large guys.

Against a trained attack dog or cop dog I think they simply have no chance but my friend believes the opposite, that is they would be able to either kick it to death while it's attached to one guy or get it in some kind of strangle hold. He says the dog has one weapon - it's mouth. If worse came to worse and it got ahold of one of their arms then dogs have no other weapon available to them. And dogs are trained to bite and not let up. The guys' primary objective is to keep their necks out of reach of the dog.

Against your average house pet I agreed with him that he would be able to take it on, were it to adapt some sort of bloodlust, but any kind of trained dog would just absolutely ruin them, and I'm saying it would ruin them in a time span of less than 5 minutes.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Argument - 2 people against 1 dog

I think a single person should be able to take an attack dog down? We out-weigh most dogs by about 100lbs, a solid punch is going to land a 80lb german shepard on the groud cold.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:27 PM

We both agree this is thoroughly wrong.

Unless you're Mike Tyson.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We both agree this is thoroughly wrong.

Unless you're Mike Tyson.

[/ QUOTE ]

A single punch to the chin would surely KO a dog. But landing the punch cleanly would be very very difficult.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a solid punch is going to land a 80lb german shepard on the groud cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

go try it, see what happens.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:29 PM

I agree. A well-trained attack dog would destroy them. Also, I have my doubts for them against a large dog like an irish wolf hound or even a medium-sized dog like a boxer, should it be ill-tempered. An 80-90 pound boxer is quite a strong animal. It's all muscle and it's got one helluva bite.

His argument for the dog getting a hold of one guy and the other guy beat the hell out of it doesn't work very well. You're pretty much going to be incapacitated, or at least severely injured and missing the use of an arm or a leg if one of these dogs does get a hold of you. Now all of a sudden, it's one-on-one and you're toast.

Should the dog be both ill-tempered and have a laser attached to its nose, your friends would have zero chance.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:31 PM

The firt time he goes to bite you, you offer him your hand. Shove your hand in his mouth as far as your can. Everytime he loosens to get a better bite, you shove it further in until you choke him out.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:31 PM

True. Another part of my argument is that these dogs are trained to withstand multiple bullet wounds just to take somebody out. If they can withstand that I think they can withstand a lot of what a regular human can dish out.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:32 PM

i think 2 guys could do it. while the dog is latched onto one guy, the other kicks the [censored] out of the dog, stomping its skull if the opportunity presents itself. the "free" guy could certainly break some of the dog's ribs real quick, and greater damage would soon follow.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The firt time he goes to bite you, you offer him your hand. Shove your hand in his mouth as far as your can. Everytime he loosens to get a better bite, you shove it further in until you choke him out.

[/ QUOTE ]
No! You rip its tongue out!