Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: If Party had a lick of sense...

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly. You have a choice. If you want this go play at pokerchamps, it's happening right now. Guess what, very few people are playing at pokerchamps so I guess it's not such a great idea. Ah a market economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

WPOTD.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what you are saying is, giving money away is a good business idea here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Party is already giving it away in the form of bonuses and payments to affiliates which turns into rakeback for the high-volume players. This just removes all the middlemen and hair-pulling. The fish will lose back their rakeback just like they lose their bonuses. The sharks will bank their rakeback just like they do now. If everyone is so opposed to giving the fish rakeback, then just set the damn minimum play requirement a little higher. If a rich fish generates $10K a month in rake I personally wouldn't mind seeing him get a cut of it back so he can play it again.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:14 PM

My guess is that 1800Gambler's point is that most Party players DO NOT have rake back and will not have it even after this current mess clears up.

So for Party to go ahead and just give EVERYONE rakeback, they would be costing themselves boat loads of money.

Luke
Old 10-11-2005, 01:20 PM

And my point is that the fish lose the money back and it gets raked again, and again, and again. And like I said, if everybody is so opposed to the fish getting rakeback, then just set the minimum higher. This would be counterproductive, but then who am I to dispute all these college-boy experts?
Old 10-11-2005, 01:25 PM

You have no clue what you are talking about. There is so much competition in the online poker market, that affiliates are the number one way of generating new players. If Party Poker got rid of their affiliates, I am sure their signups in terms of new players would be down the tubes. They actually did a huge favor to Party Poker affiliates by cutting out the skins. The skins were allowing rakeback while Party was not.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've got a point make it.

Otherwise stop being a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

His point is obvious. You don't know what you are talking about and your original statement does not apply to party.