Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 03:47 AM

Default TT on a coordinated board

One more for the night. Comments on any or all of the streets would be appreciated.

The BB here is a happy gambler, far too loose and raising a few too many hands. He's been having a good time and talking a lot. Goofy player, he likes to show his strong hands and his bluffs when he mucks. The Button here is a calling station. He called down with the ass end of a flopped straight, and he's been showing down some weak holdings. He's too loose preflop but fairly normal aggression numbers there. I've been up and down this session a little bit and haven't shown down anything weak.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

My hand was likely good and I wanted it heads up, is this correct? There also may be a flush draw out there.

Turn: (6.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Bet here? For what it's worth, and it's probably not worth much, the button waited a good 10-15 seconds before checking. I don't know if him having called 2 cold on the flop had me scared.

River: (6.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Is this worth a bet? I thought it was fairly likely that he (button) may have been on a scared J. I don't know if there's much value in here this time.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Before any replies hit, I think my plays on the turn and river are likely incorrect. I didn't like either of them when I made them and I don't like them looking back at the hand.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: TT on a coordinated board

I'd bet the turn....but getting raised sucks and you have to call with the OESD.

I bet the river if I didn't bet the turn.

Surf
Old 05-11-2005, 04:03 AM

i bet the turn, you now have a pair and the OESD, you'd hope to bet and make it incorrect for someone with one high heart to call hoping to catch on the river. I dont count T as outs since it makes someone else a straight likely so you have 6 non heart outs and I say bet this.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:18 AM

Would you change your play if you knew that the BB in this hand would be entirely capable of a check/raise bluff or semibluff on this kind of board? (he was)
Old 05-11-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
....but getting raised sucks and you have to call with the OESD.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why we should check. A check/raise is highly likely given the board. This is straight out of HEPFAP.

I think the OP played it fine.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont count T as outs since it makes someone else a straight likely so you have 6 non heart outs and I say bet this.

[/ QUOTE ]
A T gives him a boat, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't count them.