Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 01:44 AM

Default River Play

Ok I cant figure out how much to raise on the river when I got the nuts and a guy puts out a feeler bet. Like say I got:

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Board:6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

And I know this guy has a flush as he suddenly bets on the river, say the pot is something like 70, so he bets out 30 and has about 100 left behind.

The question is how much do you raise him?

I used to think, well just jam it and try to take everything, but I constantly see people fold when someone shoves like that. The question is how much should you raise?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: River Play

If you are scared he might fold to any resistance, you could minraise it up, though I don't like that. You'll get paid most of the time though. I'd prefer something like 80 to go.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: River Play

[ QUOTE ]
If you are scared he might fold to any resistance, you could minraise it up, though I don't like that. You'll get paid most of the time though. I'd prefer something like 80 to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the 200 and 400 tables most of the players will fold to a full reraise in that spot. Every once in a while you will run into some that will pay you off though. 80 to go sounds pretty good. Min raise is 100% sure fire going to get payed, but it just seems like its too little.