FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Re: What are my chances?

[ QUOTE ]
so did you get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

They gave me 100 in my bonus account.

Meh, I tried.

And yes, I just signed up for a second internet service provider and yes I was going to look into a router that could handle it. Thanks for doing it for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Actually now that I look at it it doesn't have wireless...I suppose I could plug my wireless router's uplink into one of their ports couldn't I though?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...If you were multi-tabling, your DPs got used up at other tables before getting to this one...If this is what happened, I do not think you are owed a thing. This is just part of playing internet poker, just like a dealer accidentally mucking your hand in B&M. Your connection disconnected, and that's a risk of this game...Part of the cost of Internet poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2005, 02:12 PM

Worst observation ever? Why? That's why this forum is becoming useless. Just a bunch of know-nothings flaming without reasoning.

Over aggressive players pay my rent. They always have and always will. I seek them out because they are profitable. A player with nothing but king high and a backdoor flush pays my rent. That's just the way it is.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:08 PM

If you have two differenet Internet connections in front of the dual-router, you'll have two differenet IP addresses that your computers behind the router get NAT'ted to.

Do you know if various online poker sites associate the disconnected session with just your login name or also the IP address you connected from?

Would they consider you to be reconnecting or consider you to be starting a new session?

Results may differ based on the site.

Dave
Old 10-27-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst observation ever? Why? That's why this forum is becoming useless. Just a bunch of know-nothings flaming without reasoning.

Over aggressive players pay my rent. They always have and always will. I seek them out because they are profitable. A player with nothing but king high and a backdoor flush pays my rent. That's just the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I somewhat doubt that were you to play the OP headsup that he would be paying your rent. Your observation may not have been the worst ever but you do lack any context about the hand, the player's read of the other player, etc. You have no idea whether this particular opponent's check-raise on the flop likely means that he has a Q, perhaps it is more likely that a checkraise from this guy means a low pocket pair, or A high. Maybe you should stick to the actual topic of the thread rather than comment about the play of the hand.

Then again, this type of play pays your rent so go ahead - seek out bicyclekick and play him, what the hell do I care.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:32 PM

Implying that a player like BicycleKick is so bad that his style of play is +EV for YOU is about the most incorrect thing I have ever read on these forums.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:16 PM

Howabout this one? Refused as well, I had protection but the don't admit I was disconnected.. Hand and reply from party below.

***** Hand History for Game 2939436508 *****
1/2 Texas Hold'em Game Table (Limit) - Thu Oct 27 15:00:16 EDT 2005
Table Table 65622 (Real Money) -- Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: jakb_lkp ( $69.87)
Seat 2: dabrain2 ( $38.25)
Seat 3: Grannixx ( $49)
Seat 4: rmuse289 ( $59.75)
Seat 5: PREDATOR246 ( $36.26)
Seat 6: Decan111 ( $127.50)
Seat 7: chiphustle ( $6.38)
Seat 8: twelvestepal ( $26.87)
Seat 9: twangler ( $31.74)
Seat 10: glassbrain ( $105.63)
Grannixx posts small blind (0.50)
rmuse289 posts big blind (1)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to jakb_lkp [ Jc, Jh ]
PREDATOR246 folds.
Decan111 folds.
chiphustle folds.
twelvestepal calls (1)
twangler folds.
glassbrain folds.
jakb_lkp raises (2) to 2
dabrain2 folds.
Grannixx folds.
rmuse289 calls (1)
twelvestepal calls (1)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Js, 4h, 9h ]
rmuse289 bets (1)
twelvestepal raises (2) to 2
jakb_lkp raises (3) to 3
rmuse289 folds.
twelvestepal raises (2) to 4
jakb_lkp calls (1)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7s ]
twelvestepal bets (2)
jakb_lkp raises (4) to 4
twelvestepal calls (2)
** Dealing River ** : [ Th ]
twelvestepal checks.
jakb_lkp did not respond in time.
jakb_lkp folds.
** Summary **

Thank you for contacting us.

After researching the Hand history for Game 2939436508, I see that you were shown the option [Fold,Check,Bet(2)] at 15-01-01 EST and you did not respond with in 25 seconds of time and your hand was folded by the system at 15-01-26 EST as you did not respond in time.

after that some party points bullshit.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:07 AM

Just to let you know, after 3 emails to party they finally added $10 to my bonus account to be cleared by playing 50 raked hands within a month. Since that corresponds exactly to the amount I put into this pot I feel if not happy about it so at least ok.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:59 AM

What is even stupider about this is that they could easily have made the auto-response into a check.
If I am not mistaken that's what happens on Prima.
If you can check and don't respond in time then it checks for you.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. You're too funny man. You implying that players like me pay your rent is laughable. Not to toot my own horn, but if you believe that seaking out players like me is the best game selection you have, then you probably have about the worst game selection of anyone in the world.

Where do you usually play anyhow? Why don't you come take my money? I play a lot of the higher games on the net and since you're such a pimp I'm sure we've played a ton together...and you've re-raised the [censored] out of me and dominated me super bad...so also what's your name on the sites? You've got me curious.