Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 01:16 PM

Default AK Overcards on 3 Suited Flop

All I have is overcards and a weak backdoor straight. My A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are probably no good. However, the pot is very large. With 3-5 outs, I might consider a call of 1 small bet. If I'd be willing to call one, shouldn't I make one and then back off if raised or called.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: AK Overcards on 3 Suited Flop

I don't like the 3bet preflop, thus I will check the flop and depending on the action we'll see. Plus any reads?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:35 PM

*grunch*

I hate this flop, but I'd make a continuation bet, fold to a raise, or re-evaluate on the turn.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I have is overcards and a weak backdoor straight. My A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are probably no good. However, the pot is very large. With 3-5 outs, I might consider a call of 1 small bet. If I'd be willing to call one, shouldn't I make one and then back off if raised or called.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is large but your share of it is not. What do you think a bet on this flop accomplishes? Is it for value? Are you ever folding a hand you would want to fold? Do you really think you have between 3 and 5 outs? I like the pre flop raise you put money in while you likely had an equity edge but on that flop everything changed and you now have a pretty worthless hand with very low equity so why would you want to bet?

I am check/folding maybe check/peeling if closing the action for one bet.

I am editing to say i am 100% check/folding i see no reason to peel here.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the 3bet preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

??

Hero 3bet preflop, and that is incredibly standard/good.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:47 PM

grunch:

I bet the flop, you were the last aggresor pf. A check screams overcards/weakness. If I get raised, whether I call depends on my reads of the other player. There are times that you can take down this pot with a bet right here.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:49 PM

oop against 4 people and having the preflop aggressor directly to your left. We have no read on anybody, what are we doing when the flop comes AJ4 we bet everyone calls, turn comes blank, we lead it, then someone raises. We are we now? What are we doing when the flop comes T and under. We don't even have a chance of having a flush draw and if your opponents are smart(big assumption) (if we check) they can destroy our odds. Basically, if we don't take the initiative it will be easier to let go of AK when we should, and can bloat the pot when we hit our hand becauses of our position to the pfr.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
grunch:

I bet the flop, you were the last aggresor pf. A check screams overcards/weakness. If I get raised, whether I call depends on my reads of the other player. There are times that you can take down this pot with a bet right here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi sarsen i think the odds of taking down the pot with a flop bet are close to 0%.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are we doing when the flop comes AJ4 we bet everyone calls, turn comes blank, we lead it, then someone raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call down and win a lot of the time. 3bet if raiser is LAG

[ QUOTE ]
What are we doing when the flop comes T and under

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually continuation bet because the pot is big, trying to get it HU. You are giving up way too much here by not 3betting. I don't have pokerstove because I am at work, but can somebody please run this 4 handed vs loose player ranges? If our equity is less than 25% I will [censored] a brick.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what are we doing when the flop comes AJ4 we bet everyone calls, turn comes blank, we lead it, then someone raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Call down and win a lot of the time. 3bet if raiser is LAG

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played FR for since I learned of the greatness of shorthanded play many moons ago (hopefully will be playing some 2/4 FR at party this next month), but how often do you think that you are ahead on the turn raise. &gt; 30%?